1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

23 months old Speech delay - Will language be a problem?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by PriKir, Jul 15, 2011.

1. PriKir

PriKir Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I am here again with another confusion/question.My DD is 23 months old, but she is still not talking. To be frank, am really not worried too much abt it because she understands what we are saying to her, and often she obeys. but sometimes when i sit alone..... when others asks me the question of 'is she still not talking'...as a mother i feel bad. So i just wanted to check with you all about this. My husband and i have 2 different mother tounge. Though, we talk in tamil which is my mother tounge and most of the time we both talk in tamil/english with my DD. Also we are away from our relatives since she is 10mnths old, so not much of outside interaction for her. She says 'amma', 'thatha', 'tata' and alphabets 'm', 'k','f','h'. She can identify all the alphebts. She says 'hiya' for everything which makes her happy like for bird, water, mickey/mini. 98% of the word she says wud be amma or ahiya. Plz give me some suggestion to improvise her speech and motivate me :)

Thanks.
    Priya

2. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

dear friend... though i am not yet a mother.. i am learning motherhood from most of my friends.... my cousin is also having 2 and half old child.. who is talking oooo haaaa.. like that... and she also understands all the things wat ever we say and she obeys....
    two of my friends DD and DS is also the same.... its all because of TV where they dont have chance to reply back but sees and understand most of the language... give pure honey to your daughter... it helps in secreting more saliva and makes the toungue to twist well.. my grandma gave me this.. and i am such a talkative person. encourage her to talk.. once she starrted to go schooll she will talk.... my younger brother who is a engineer now.. was like that.. once he started schooling... he started to talk.. slowly... soo do not worry...