1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

21 day Challenge - Buddies needed

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by saudamini, Jun 26, 2012.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

I feel very light today. I see that my tummy area is getting lighter too. My last month pant is fitting me perfect. I thinK its time I need to try one less size now.

My food diet for today:
    break fast - 2 pieces of white bread with jam
    11am - blueberries
    lunch - 2 roti/potato curry(reduced 3 roti to 2 today)
    dinner - wheat upma, grapes

Unfortunately, I got neck pain since 2 days, so hubby asked me not to go to gym for few days. Weekend, we're again travelling to lake, so no gym. But, am planning not to miss my food diet for next 3 days.

I'll catch you all on Monday. Happy weekend ladies!!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. AnithaPartha

Saudamini,
    Thanks for your likes.

What is the challenge plan you're talking about? let me know..

I can also give my input for your idea.

3. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Teechak - Great advise dear. I am going to follow it soon
    Hi Amunique - Welcome to the thread. Keep updating

Hi Anitha - If you see my first post, I started this thread to maintain a consistency in atleast one thing believing that if I continue doing atleast one thing for 21 days, it might become a habit and I would be consistent in it. So I gave myself 1 challenge of maintaining minimum 10 minutes of exercise everyday for 21 days. I am trying to see if I can do that and how much of habit does it become. That is why the name of this thread is 21 days challenge!!! This thread is not for losing x y kg in 21 days but maintaining at least one thing for 21 days. What that thing is going to be can be decided by an individual. That is why I requested everyone to put in the one challenge that they are going to continue for 21 days and keep updating it day wise. Please give your input too. Have a happy and great weekend.

My Update

Day 10 - July 5
    15 mins treadmill

Reached home at 8.10 p.m so couldn't whip up a salad especially for myself.

Friends, yesterday was a day of many firsts for me. I had a visit to the doctor and the results were not hopeful (I am suffering from PCOD and am ttc). So I was quite upset. And since I reached home late from office so cooking dinner also got delayed. But in spite of all this I a managed to do 15 mins of exercise at 10.00 p.m at night. So this was a first for me, since earlier I would have given up exercise if I was upset and it was late. But this time I didn't, as I am determined to complete my challenge of 21 days.

And it is because of support and motivation that all you lovely ladies are providing. Thanks a lot :thankyou2:

And officially yesterday I have reached half past mark of 21 days!!!!:2thumbsup:

Cheers
    Saudamini

4. AnithaPartha

Saudamini,
    I got. Okay, let me tell you my challenge. Since, 2weeks(June 22), am not touching biscuits/cake items/ice cream. Strictly, no to junk foods. Strictly, no rice in the weekdays. Like, this am trying to keep up my challenge. This challenge is also greatly helping my body in wt loss. Am enjoying my wt loss phase dears.

5. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

hi friends
    my yest update: 40 minutes treadmill and 15 minutes yoga
    today: fasting(sankatahara chathurthi) so no excercise........
    my diet:
    for dinner am taking only soup and fruits ..............

6. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

ohhhhhhh, that's great achivement anitha.........keep it up.......

7. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anitha,
    Great challenge. Inspired by you, I am also putting a challenge for myself - no mithais for 21 days. I don't have sweet tooth, I have sweet tusks, yes elephant tusks. And since I am insulin resistant, sweets always hamper my weight loss.

Day 11 - july 6

15 minutes breathing and stretching exercise
    was fasting so no exercise in the evening.

Cheers
    Saudamini

8. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

hi all..

I will join you all here too from Monday.. :)

But before going into anything weight loss specific, I want to regulate my habits first. For my 21 day challenge, I am going to change the following. (9-July to 29-July).

1. I am going to get up 30 minutes earlier than the usual waking time. I will be earning 10 extra hours in my life this way.

2. I never have breakfast during week days. I am going to make an attempt at eating bread/oats or at least a cup of milk every day.

3. I eat less during lunch on week days and by the time I return from work, I am ravenous and hog whatever is in sight. I am going to eat a slightly bigger meal during lunch.

4. Instead of all junk for evening snacks, I will limit my mindless hogging to week ends only. Week days, will stick to a cup of flavored milk and a small cup of soup if more hungry.

5. I usually eat dinner by 8 or later. I will try to have dinner at a fixed time allowing room for digestion before hitting the sack.

6. Also, will try to have one or two servings of fruit/fruit juice every day.

7. Will try to eat brown bread, oats(less sugar), drink skim milk whenever possible.

My main goal or my next 21 day challenge will be to reduce/stop white rice intake and find alternatives for it. This is a really difficult one for me.

And creating a mandatory exercise regime would/should be my next-next 21 day challenges.. :)

So many more to come for me... :)

I will keep you all posted of my progress..!!

1 person likes this.
  9. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi angel,
    Welcome to the thread.
    Just a suggestion - Why don't you start with just one thing in the beginning. For example say eating breakfast. That way you would'nt be overwhelmed to try and complete all challenges. Try one challenge for 1 week, then slowly add another challenge, that way you would get used to one thing.

My Update
    day 12 - July 7
    Did 10 minutes on treadmill.

I reached home at 10.05 p.m at night, but was determined for my 10 mins of exercise so did 10 mins at 11.30 p.m :)

I feel so light and am so happy

Cheers
    Saudamini