2018 Karadaiyan Nombu Questions

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Sijo157, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Sijo157

Sijo157 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

This is the 2nd time we are going to perform Karadaiyan Nombu. I have several questions regarding the fasting and saradu tieing time.

1) Drig Panchangam mentioned the time for saradu as 11.46 pm IST. But however I came across several blocks stating that Pooja should not be performed late and Kanchi mutt also told the time to tie saradu as 7.30 to 8 pm IST

So what is the time to tie the saradu

2) will start the fasting in the morning but till what time we should keep the fasting?

3) During fasting can we drink milk ? Or we shouldn't?

Please help me on the three doubts

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

(1) There have been different times given for tieing the thread like 9.30 to 10.30 pm , 10 to 11 pm and 7.30 to 8.30 pm.
    The important issue is that it should be tied before maasi month ends, so we have decided to do it between 7.30 to 8.30 pm

(2) Normally fasting is advised for the whole period upto the tieing of thread and completion of puja. You can have milk and fruits , like in most fasts. Some just avoid having rice before the puja and after that too, only the kara adais are supposed to be eaten as prasadams.

Best wishes., for the nombu.

Sijo157 and Shanvy like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

same as what @joylokhi says. too many different timings. explanation has been that it is too late in the night to pray to a shantha swaroopini, not willing to go into specifics. so taking it as a benchmark though my vadhyar has said 9-10..

fasting starts from sun rise. we dont have rice as in pathu pandam. instead have paasi parupu kanji, chappati. i fast with milk and no salt kanji. however make full meals for the rest of the family.

we do the pooja towards the end of maasi and get up in the start of panguni. the pooja is done in the cusp. we tie the saradu and eat rhe karadai and velladai with vennai that we offered and nothing else..

let ambal bless us all..

Sijo157 likes this.
  4. Sijo157

Sijo157 Gold IL'ite

Thank you @joylokhi for clarifying my doubts

joylokhi likes this.
  5. Sijo157

Sijo157 Gold IL'ite

Thank you @Shanvy for your suggestions. Pujari in the nearby temple also told the same time for saradu 9 to 10 pm.

Shanvy likes this.