1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

2010 has been a memorable year for me as I had enjoyed most of the months

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 21, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

2010 has been a memorable year in all respects , in home front and also in IL for me. Every month something or other is there to share.

In January end we went for a marriage in Koduvayur. It was a very memorable trip as we were a large group of my dh's friends and family . We were about 35 of us. . The marriage was special because on the night of marriage day during dinner the bride served payasam to everyone and they kept a candle in front of the plantain leaf. Its their ritual it seems. In olden days there was no current so they used to have dinner with candle light it seems. Then someone from the girl's side told us to dip the end of the saree and end of dhoti in haldi water saying now we all are one family. It was a new experience for us. Also I had an opportunity to visit Guruvayur and take the blessings of Lord Krishna.

March was special for me as I won the award for the contest "My Aha moments in IL.". In April Sudha Kailas who had come for surgery in Chennai also came to Mumbai to meet her Mother in law and came to my house also. I was so happy to see her.

In June I went to Coimbatore for a marriage with my dh , where I got the opportunity to meet Veni. It was so sweet of her to come and meet me in the marriage hall. Then we went to Bangalore where we had an IL meet arranged by Lalita Shivaguru. Also had the opportunity to meet Mithila and her husband .

August was memorable because my Birthday was celebrated with so many phone calls from IL friends and also from my friends and relatives. I was so happy when I received asurprise gift from Kantha. Also I won the award for my blog.

In the new house I had the privelege of taking part in the Ganesh Utsav celebrations , enjoyed the seven days in taking part in Aarti and also took part in dandiya during Navratri celebration in the Colony. The judge who had come to select the winner praised me saying in this age also I am enjoying playing Dandiya. Paru Sabari had come to Bombay for her father's 60thBirthday and I had the opportunity to meet her and bless her father.

In November again I had the privilege of going to Bangalore and had the opportunity to attend the 100th Birthday of our relative and take his blessings. To live for 100 years is great and he is active and could read without wearing glasses. May God give him good health. Also met Pavithra, Sarajara and Anu.

[COLOR=#0000ff]In December I could attend Sapthangam, Narayaneeyam and Ayyappa pooja and Ayyappa Kalyanam. [/COLOR]

[B][I][COLOR=#0000ff]So 2010 has been a memorable year for me in all respects.[/COLOR][/I][/B]

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:wow: recollecting it after three years, Best Wishes for every year to be at its Celebrations, Sairam

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

[​Thanks Sai dear for making my day with you first and only fb so far. Thanks too for the good wishes.QUOTE=Saisakthi;2979189]:wow: recollecting it after three years, Best Wishes for every year to be at its Celebrations, Sairam[/QUOTE]