1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

2. What's In It For Me? (what Got You Here Won't Get You There)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by buddingleader, Jan 23, 2017.

1. buddingleader

buddingleader Silver IL'ite

Hello All!!!

Here I am with another post. I am still making my not to-do list. While I was at it, I casually engaged in a small talk with my husband and asked him whether he wants me to stop doing anything. Being a super smart husband, his first response was “You are all good. There is nothing for you to change.” But I think that he forgot that he married one of the smartest ladies. After my persuasion, he said “You shout at me when you are angry. I find that awful”. Uhh! Here it is. He found a fault in me. My competitive gene shot up and I started arguing with him. I gave various reasons for my behavior. At a point, I made a point that I shout only because he was doing something. So, he should abide by the rules to put an end to my shouts. After sometime, my anger subsided and my smart gene was in action. I realized that I was making a not to-do list. So, when husband pointed out my bad behavior, I should have done an analysis of how it is affecting the relationship and also should have planned a strategy to flush out that bad behavior from my system. Instead I went to argument mode. It is wrong, isn’t it?

That’s how it happens even in workplace. We would have reached a position in our organization in spite of our bad behavior. But we believe that we reached to that position because of all the qualities we possess. We may not be willing to change it. In that case, just pointing out other’s bad behavior won’t work. We need to tell the benefits they attain if they avoid that particular bad behavior. Once they knew the results, what they could achieve by a small change in life, they will be more than willing to try out. Won’t we change ourselves if we know for sure that it is for greater good? Its a human tendency to ask "What's in it for me?"So, realizing our benefits is something significant. Making our not to-do list is the first step. But accepting to change our behavior and start working on it is the most important step.

Now I asked my husband to prepare my not to-do list. He is very much hesitant to even start with that list. I made a promise that I will work on it and will never feel bad about it. I made a mental note that he is doing that only to make our relationship better. Probably, I will start his not to-do list. That should be exciting. I will make sure that my list is more than his. Ha ha! Poor Hubby!

Meet you all soon with the next post! Until then, See you!

sindmani likes this.