2 weeks periods late but negative home pregnancy test.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by viji9999, Aug 30, 2013.

1. viji9999

viji9999 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies.,

Please give valuable suggestions. My periods was due 18th aug and last week mid i had a home pregnancy test but it came out to be negative and now am scared what to do next .

Regards,
    Viji

2. NanditaSri

NanditaSri Silver IL'ite

Hi Viji,

Do not worry. Periods could have got delayed due to various reasons (hormonal imbalance/climate change/ thyroid issues etc) or you could actually be pregnant! Why not take a hpt again tomorrow with morning urine? If your periods have been regular I would suggest get a blood work done and meet a doctor.

If your periods have been irregular, wait for a few more days and then meet a gynae to see whats going on. In case you have severe abdomen pain, light spotting visit a doctor immediately.

Good luck!

3. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

please wait for some more days or check with ur morning first urine. For me i checked with the best pregnancy test kit. For noon urine it showed negative, and next mornign urine it showed positive.

But I could get my results in 2-4 days of missed period. Ur period is late for 12 days, u can consult a gynaec.

I had a friend whose periods delayed and even her pregnancy tests came negative, she got her periods after 15 days. another year back she had this same problem and she got it by 20 days.

4. newentry

newentry Junior IL'ite

Hi Vigi!
    I may not be of any help to you in this issue as m having almost same problem. Late by 3 days now and no PMS nor any other symptom and today morning got a BFN :( so m really scared now....keeping my fingers crossed and praying hard!
    You too pray to your creator to bless you soon with a BFP soon.

Many wishes for you dear.

5. dhivyamani

dhivyamani Junior IL'ite

hi viji ,
    don't worry.... be cool it ll happen very soon. now i have 9 month baby. shall i share my experience. i also used pg test in my home n i also checked in lab also. it shows negative . tht time 8 weeks i cross already. den i took scan suggested by my doctor, directly i heard my babies heartbeat.... its confirmed.... im pregnant... so don't scared. be happy.... always god with u....

1 person likes this.