18 weeks pregnant ..bit confused need help pls pls..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Rainy, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Rainy

Rainy New IL'ite

hi indu ladies ,

im 18 weeks pregnant and im taking a multi vitamin tablet and folic acid thats it no iron tablets b'coz my dr said im having haemoglobin value 11.7 and thats is enough ..now im bit confused that one of my friend told me that iron tablets to be taken from 1 st week of pregnancy ..is it ok until now i haven't taken any iron supplements else it will effect my baby formation????????

and one more thing until now i haven't taken any care about my food intake ...does it will effect my baby?? else if from now onwards if i change my diet plan i can deliver a healthy baby ..and pls guide me the t.t injection at which mnth to be taken and what are the thing which r very important while pregnancy??

does food intake will effcet baby formation form 1st week else if change all my habits cani have a healthy and beautiful baby??

2. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Your taking multivitamin and folic acid as suggested by doctor thats good. Take any extra medication only after seeking advise from your doctor. If you want to increase Iron intake you can doing through food like eat more spinach and google on foods which are high in iron and consume them more.
    Food intake will not effect baby formation from first week. Some people have severe nausea and even vomit water until 4months so dont worry about it.You must have had atleast some food and taking your vitamins which is sufficient. If there is anything wrong then doctor will let you know after your scanning reports so be relaxed.
    Eat well from now on baby will take nutritients from what you eat.Dont panic everything will be alright. Good luck with your pregnancy,

3. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

Your prenatal multi-vitamin should contain iron, as do most regular multi-vitamins. If your Dr. says your haemoglobin level is good, be glad-iron tabs are gross! If your diet is not bad (ie not all fried, greasy junk), then you could add more fruits and veg if you want to your diet. My children were both healthy at birth, and I ate nothing but fast food with the first and only white rice and mashed potatoes with the second. Take gentle exercise with Dr.'s permission, and drink plenty of water.

4. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Rainy,

Start from today and now. This is what you can do, the power of the present is what you have, and the past is not worth wasting your efforts over.

Take care…

Rakhi