1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Feb 16, 2017.

1. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Hey nice to see your new story Akanksha dear, Just a question, Is it a love story as name is 143? :grinning::grinning:
    waiting for next episode.

2. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Hi Akanksha, super start. Dream description was simply cool :cheer:

Why are they both shocked to see each other ;) Will Mr Sharad accept the proposal.... Miloni cute name :tonguewink:

Waiting to read next update. Good Luck for your series.

3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Akanksha, I am also awestruck seeing your picturization of Mr Sharad "colored pupils gleamed like two sapphire stones floating on milk" super :cheer:

Looking forward to know what happens next. Thanks for this cool update :clap2:

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Mayaa. Glad you like it.

Mayaa likes this.
  5. Akanksha1982

haha... aage aage dekho hota hai kya. (let's see what happens) But yes there will be a lot of love.

cravingforhlove likes this.
  6. Akanksha1982

Thanks

7. Akanksha1982

Thanks Rihana. Actually, all stories start with a concept and then grow. Valentine day (a murder mystery with minimal evidence), Jai Hind (changing the real incident), who are you (a scary story with characters having grey and white shades), etc. Once I like the concept then mind starts thinking about everything else, the locations, dialogs, characters, names, etc. So before I start the story, the direction is finalized, the destination is not and then it is just going from point a to b in each episode with multiple paths like in GPS. sometimes I take detour sometimes go straight.

You still owe me a story. Wanted you to write this. It would have been much better.

8. Akanksha1982

Thanks Leena. There is going to be too much and too many love.

9. Akanksha1982

Thanks Adharv. Love your comments.

10. Akanksha1982

Part III

Since their families were happy with the match, Sharad and Poonam decided to meet a few times before finalizing the engagement. The next day, Sharad invited Poonam for a dinner date. He arrived at Poonam’s house to pick her up.

Poonam had worn a long sleeve lacy green tight fit off-shoulder, just above knee dress, complimented by emerald green beaded necklace and studded matching green earrings. Her hair lay loose and fell over her shoulders and on either side of her face like a black curvy mountain road. She carried a matching green clutch.

Sharad had worn a nice black polo t-shirt and Jeans.

As Poonam came towards the car, Sharad came out of the car with a bouquet to greet her.

“Thanks Sharad. That’s wonderful.”

“Nothing compared to you. You look gorgeous”, Saying Sharad opened the door on the passenger side.

“Nice dress”, tying his seat belt, Sharad said.

“Thanks. I bought this today. I was worried if you would like it or not. But you informed me on the phone where we are going, so thought of getting some nice dress.”

“Oh. It’s really a nice dress. Don’t worry; the place doesn’t have a formal dress code.”

“Do you go there often, Sharad?”

“I am member but I hardly go there. Occasionally, when I have meeting with special clients.”

Sharad stopped the car in front of Otter’s club in Bandra. The club is frequented by many celebrities. Sharad got down and turned around and opened the door and let out his hand for Poonam to hold and get out of the car. Giving the car for valet parking, they went upstairs to the terrace restaurant. The sky was clear with clusters and clusters of stars waiting patiently for the glimpse of the future couple. Far away and hardly visible at night, the Arabian Sea was rhythmically singling its night song with the waves cascading on the shore. A light breeze with a salty mist welcomed Sharad and Poonam as they entered the terrace.

As they settled near a table, their eyes met and talked for a few seconds but it seemed like an eon for both of them. Although, no one heard what the eyes said, the hearts got the message. The talk of the eyes was abruptly disturbed by the waiter offering bottled water into the empty glasses. Thanking the waiter and thinking where to start the talk, Sharad sipped in some water and then said,

“Poonam to tell you the truth, I wasn’t interested in getting married at this time. I just needed some more time. But when I met you and I talked to you, my heart feels like you would be a perfect partner for me. You have all the qualities that I seek for in a partner. You are modern yet conservative, you love outdoors, you are well educated yet you chose to help your mom with household work. I hope you feel the same about me.”

Poonam didn’t say anything and just lowered her gaze towards the menu card. Her mind was stuck on the first sentence she heard from Sharad. After a while, she looked at Sharad and in a soft voice asked,

“Shard, May I ask you a question if you don’t mind?” She paused and waited for the blink of the eyes affirmation from Sharad and then continued,

“You said you need more time. Is there any particular reason that you need more time to get married? I know our parents are excited about this match. But if you are not ready, then it doesn’t make sense to proceed.”

“No. it is not like that.” Sharad paused and looked towards the ocean trying to find suitable words for what he wanted to say or to even say it. His mind was guiding him to be honest with the future partner while his heart selfishly didn’t want to lose a beautiful girl. A huge ocean wave roared far away, giving him the courage he was searching.

“Look Poonam, I believe that couples should start their lives with total honesty and accept each other as they are and then only decide on getting married. So, I need to inform you something about my past.”

Sharad stopped and looked straight in Poonam’s eye to see her reaction. Poonam’s heart was beating fast. Her mind was prayed and hoped that this is not a tsunami that drowns her dreams. The moist breeze had accumulated as droplets on her upper lips and her palate felt the taste of salt. She took a quick gulp of her saliva.

Finally, Sharad’s words broke the silence and the mystery in the air.

“Years ago, when I was in college, there was a girl named Chandni. She was in my friend circle of boys and girls. Like other collegians, we used to all hang out in the canteen or go out for movies or go out on an outing. On the last day of college, she surprised me by proposing to me. As I was young, I wasn’t prepared for such situation. I said I will talk to my parents. That night, I talked to my mom. I don’t know what happened, but she never met me again. I tried to find out about her, but all efforts were in vain. Years later, Miloni said that she may have been interested in our money.”

“Did you love Chandni?”

“Well I don’t know to tell you the truth. That was a time when I didn’t even know much about love and I never thought about love. I was just serious about my studies. Yeah, she was the fun person in our group always playing pranks and used to help out when needed. We used to participate in plays during our annual college functions and most often she was my partner. After studies, I got a job in a Swiss company and was in Switzerland for three years. So I haven’t thought of anything like that.”

“So Miloni said about money and you accepted her word?”

“I have always trusted Miloni and my mom. I have never been close to my Dad. I am always scared of him. He used to always find fault in me, but that has taught me to handle the business better. But I still am afraid of him.”

“What about Poorvank?”

“Oh Poorvank is great. I like him. He has managed our business very well. He is looking after our operations and I always take his advice when I am not sure.”

“But he is often seen on Page 3.”

“Yeah he is flamboyant type but good at heart.” Sharad said, but he could judge that Poonam didn’t agree with him. Before he could say anything, Poonam was actively looking at the entrance. Shah Rukh khan’s wife Gauri was entering the restaurant. Poonam loved Shah Rukh Khan and her eyes were searching for a glimpse of him but Gauri had come with her friends. Poonam’s mind was thinking as to what it must be to be a spouse of a celebrity. Does Shah Rukh khan spread his arms for Gauri? Do they go through the talks that couples go through and the normal fights?

Luckily for Sharad, the waiter came by to take the order. They gave the order and the waiter left. Sharad repeated her statement again assuming that Poonam may have not listened earlier,

“Poorvank is flamboyant type but is good at heart.”

“Oh ok. I was scared as he kept on staring at me when you all came at my house.”

Sharad laughed, “He was doing his job. He had to select his sister in law and probably wanted to make sure that the girl is right for me. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

“Thanks Sharad, it feels better now and thank you for sharing your past with me. I have no such past where anyone has proposed me or I have proposed anyone. Though I got many roses during rose day and also went through normal infatuation with boys but nothing was serious. Things faded out and as I grew out of those feelings with age.”

Their dinner order arrived and both kept eating while doing small talk. After dinner, Sharad dropped Poonam at her house.