1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thank Rajeni. Posted the next episode. Working on the climax.

2. Akanksha1982

MNR, will come to know soon.

3. Akanksha1982

Posted the next episode.

4. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

It is an unexpected twist..... May be Poorvank is familiar to sonam???? Is that the reason for his first reaction towards her???

What happens next?? Sonam knowingly cheating her sis :rage:

Waiting for next update. Thanks for this cool update ma'am.

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  5. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

Poorvank created all this drama?

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  6. Akanksha1982

Part XIII (Last Episode Sub Part II)

Poonam stood up and went to the bathroom. She splashed water on her face at the wash basin. She looked up in the mirror. “So my sister looks just like me? So much that no one could make out a difference except Duffy? I really need to see her,” She thought and then reached out to get a towel but her hand stopped. “This is my house, my bedroom, my bathroom, my towel yet today I feel that I am using someone’s towel, bathroom, bedroom, and house. Everything seems to belong to someone else, suddenly. Where do I go now? Everyone thinks she is Poonam. How do I differentiate myself?” Her head was spinning with all the questions. She got the towel and wiped her face and came down.

Duffy ran towards her and started reaching her hand to lick. She bent and petted him.

“You know Poonam, while you were missing for two months; Duffy used to go in your bedroom and spent hours sniffing your stuff.” Sharmista said looking at the bonding between Duffy and Poonam.

Poonam looked at the calendar. It was over six months since she went to Switzerland. “So my sister has taken my place since the last four months or more. Does it mean that she must have slept with Sharad all the while?” She shivered at the thought.

“I forgot to ask you, is Sharad all right? I was concerned about him. He has been missing all the while and just came two days back. I hope he is ok and has not lost his memory like you.” Sharmista inquired.

“Oh so Sharad was missing all the time. I am sure he must have been searching for me.” Poonam thought. Her thoughts continued, “Should I tell mom everything?” Then her mind argued, “Poonam first find all the details before you open your mouth.”

“He is fine, mom.” Poonam said.

“I am sure he must be happy as well. Your dad has been very happy as to how you handled Sharad’s business while he was not there. I heard that the stock of your company is rising. It has to rise. You worked so hard after Poorvank messed it up.”

“Wow! My sister is so talented. I need to meet her. Glad I didn’t open my mouth. I need to get to the root of this.”

Ok, Mom, I will leave now.”

“Did you take your dress?”

“No, I will wear the one I have. I changed my mind. The pink dress is not fitting properly.” Saying Poonam left her house after hugging her mom.

Poonam started to walk at Band Stand, Bandra, a place frequented by her and Sharad. She saw the otter’s club board which is right next to Band Stand. The sea on her right side was quieter with infrequent waves disturbing the otherwise silent atmosphere. There were a few people, the normal joggers running around. The sun was setting. There was a light breeze. Her mind went in a flash back of the events that happened at Jungfra Mountain on that fateful day.

Poonam bent to pull her leg out from the snow. She heard a buzzing sound and the next moment saw something hitting Sharad and blood flowing. Sharad fell from the cliff. She screamed and fell down. Her head hit thick ice and she fell unconscious.

When she regained consciousness, she found herself alone on a bed. Someone had changed her clothes and she was now in jeans and a top. She stood up and wandered around the house. It was an old rustic house with iron bars at the windows and at the doors. It had wooden floors with wider planks. The door was locked. She was alone in the house.

From the windows she just could see acres and acres of slightly snow covered meadow. No house or no human being or even an animal in sight. The room had no furniture. There was only a broken chair, a table and an old bed. There was a heater bolted to the floor. The bathroom was old with no hot water.

Below the bed, she found her purse. She opened it and found that it had everything except her phone. Her money was intact, her passport was there. “So the intention doesn’t seem to be robbery. So what must be the intention of shooting?” She remembered the attack on Sharad at the Carnival. “So someone wanted to kill him. Why? Or was someone trying to kill me and the bullet hit Sharad instead as I bent?” Her mind was thinking.

Every day, her kidnapper would slide in a food tray from the slit below the door. Every day it used to be Nan and some vegetable. Sometime it used to rice and lentil. “Is her kidnapper Indian? Or is feeding Indian food as I am Indian?” Her mind couldn’t decide.

One day while walking in the closet area, she heard a squeaking sound of the wood. She moved her hands around the corner of the wooden plank and then started to lift it up. After many attempts, the plank came off. It looked like a tunnel. It was dark and scary. She took her purse and then descended the tunnel and started crawling. Many times her head bumped on to the side or on to the top. Praying God, she crawled further and further and she saw a light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel opened into a field. She came out and took a deep breath and dusted her clothes and she started running.

She reached the main road and got a lift from an elderly couple to the Zweisimmen train station. This was the same station where Raj and Simran inquired about the next train to Zurich in DDLJ. It was on her list for the places to visit. Little did she know then that she will be visiting in such circumstances and that too without Sharad?

She took the train and went to the hotel they had stayed in Zurich. But the hotel staff informed that some girl had come and collected their luggage. Fearing her kidnapper may be following her, she took the next available flight to Mumbai.

A huge wave suddenly splashed across the beach. Her mind came back to the present time. She thought about her sister. “So she is very talented. She handled the business alone. Not sure why she did it. Did she plan out killing Sharad or me?” Her mind entertained that thought. Her heart was beating a loud no.

“Whatever it is, Poonam now what are you going to do?” Her mind questioned.

“After all she is my sister. I am lucky to have been brought up in luxury and got married to a nice person. Not sure how she was brought up. What kind of difficulties she faced for no fault of hers? Should I let her live my life and I start a new life of my own?” An alternate thought poured through her mind.

“What options you have Poonam? Who is going to believe you? How you are going to prove that Poonam is you and not her? It has been over four months and she must have known everything about me by now. Also, she has intelligently claimed to have lost her memory so any findings of her not knowing could be easily excused. ” Her mind was debating endlessly.

Finally and firmly, she decided that she will let her sister live her life as Poonam and she will restart her new life. If someone finds out, she will inform that her sister is Poonam. She started walking fast. She was walking towards Otter’s club.

Just then Sharad and Sonam came out of the Otter’s club after having their dinner and they started walking towards Band Stand.

7. Akanksha1982

Yep. Poorvank knew Sonam and hence his initial reaction.

8. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

AKS ~ No update today.. Waiting dear.

9. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

Yesterday I woke up from sleep 3 times to see if you have an update. My husband got mad and said you got addicted to phone. Waiting for final part dear...

10. Akanksha1982

I am really sorry. Have been busy. I will post it in a day or two.

Lata6 likes this.