11 days past period date and no period and negative pregnancy test

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by desichica, Aug 5, 2014.

1. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am little confused and i am not sure who to ask so i thought to ask here. Dh and I had it unprotected (first time unprotected if that matters with this whole dilemma.. we were not trying to conceive but we both were okay if i did end up getting pregnant) couple of days before my period date in june. Period came in as usual in June after that. We had it protected once after the period ended. Now, its august and my period was supposed to start 11 days ago, which it didnt. I took pregnancy test 6 days ago, and it was negative. What should I do? My period is typically regular +- 2 days here and there. Sometimes my cycle change from 24th of every month to 4th of every month, depending on what i eat (for example, kaju katris, delaying period pills for pujas while we were visiting india). Should I just wait till period shows up? or do i need to go to gynec?

2. Sqblossoms

Sqblossoms New IL'ite

Hi desichica,
    if you were supposed to have your period 11 days ago I feel it's long enough to detect on a HPT.i would recommend redoing it once more at home and then go visit your gynaec depending on the outcome :)
    my own experience was having delayed period last year June (by 12days) and we were ttc but the tests were repeatedly negative.
    im quite regular with 31/32 days cycle.so I wasn't suspecting a thing and visited my gynaec to know the reason of such an unusual cycle.
    And after all investigations was diagnosed with mild pcos :(
    though I hope and wish that's not the case with u and it might just be a bout of delayed periods cause of stress!!
    i wish you the best and do test before taking the next step :)

2 people like this.
  3. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

thank you.. i guess i can try that..

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  4. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Well as far as i know, having it just days before your period does not make you pregnant as per the menstrual cycle. And you also mentioned that after you did, you anyways got your period for June. Post that you had it protected,and its been 11 days so i think its better to consult a doctor for further examination.

Whatever may be the reason, i think you should get to know at the earliest.:my2cents

1 person likes this.
  5. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

You should go to a doctor to know the reason.

6. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

7. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

did u check wit doc?
    wat happened?

8. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

i am waiting couple weeks to see if my period comes this month..

9. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

it is better to visit a doc and make it clear.
    positive or negative both must be diagonised.
    neg HPT so long may be due to some cysts too.
    sorry i dont want to bring down ur hope.
    if it is in the case i guess may be u can get treated at
    earlier stages 4 ur wellness.

10. Denni

Denni Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

I experience delayed menses at least 2-3 times a year. My period was delayed almost a month last July. I was having flu and under medication around the time my menses are supposed to come. That may have caused the delay.

It was really terrifying as DH and I had unprotected sex a couple times about the time my period was due. I started to have some symptoms like cramping, tender breast, nausea and also flatulence after two weeks past my period due date. I took home pregnancy test and it was negative....I did another 2 test on the third and fourth week and all came out negative.

Since the tests were all negative...I decided to try some herbal method to induce my menses. I tried parsley leaves tea and pineapple. Nothing worked. My DH told me to wait till my period comes naturally. So I just waited. It came exactly a month past my due date!!!!!! What a stressful wait!!!

Don't worry dear.....some women experience delay in their period due to hormonal imbalance or stress. Our period will be further delayed if we worry and get stressed out. So try to relax and if you feel the need to consult a gynea ....go ahead ok. I am sure there is nothing to worry about. Take care ;-)

1 person likes this.