100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I was in cloud 9 for 3 days having accompanies a set of spiritual people to a spiritual retreat. Three days of constant bhajan singing, excellent speeches about right living, experience sharing, children enacting dramas about principles, young adults sharing their perspective about how their world is changing when compared to elders, service provided by the host city spiritual team to feed and to provide accommodation in Hyatt and lastly highly elevating musical program.

The main speaker is an eye doctor (78) years old and he talked about how he traveled the entire world to attend free medical camps for the past 50 years from the United Kingdom. His simplicity, his interaction with the spiritual seekers, his experiences, etc. are stunning and a lot to learn from.

Viswa

Rihana, mangaii, girvani and 5 others like this.
  2. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Got a book of my interest from library. Generally famous books hav a long queue of readers but today i got it from general shelves so a sweet surprise today. Finished around 50 pages already.

Sweety2016, kaniths, Rihana and 7 others like this.
  3. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Day 51: Had sometime for myself today and used to for reading. Reading time with the kid

Sweety2016, kaniths, Rihana and 5 others like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I am in kumbakonam town with DD & D WIFE walking through streets around mamangam tank west . Interesting - street after street huge temples with huge towers filled with colourful caricatures. streets crowded with all sorts of vehicles chaotic traffic. . Mind was thinking about connection between God or Gods and His connection to create thoughts in us urging upon to act out to credit to karma account.
    Ended day with good worship, prayers, darshan of lords in rustic back ground in venkatakavi oothukadu village Kalinga narthanar temple and delicious food.

Amulet, Sweety2016, kaniths and 7 others like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Day 46: Got many compliments for my dress at workplace.
    Was missing all these things from long time :hearteyes:
    Remembering my work place at India :smiley:

Amulet, Sweety2016, kaniths and 9 others like this.
  6. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Day 20: It was the birthday of my dad and marriage anniversary of my dear parents..I felt so happy that finally they took time off their busy schedule and went out to temples and food for the entire day:) Their love is so very special. I have even written a snippet some time back on them...A True Valentine..:)
    I reread it with tears and uttered one single prayer to god that they just should always be healthy, be there for me always to hug me and say everything will be alright...Dad and mom, I love you so much:)..Its because of you both I am even alive today!!

Gauri03, kaniths, Rihana and 8 others like this.
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

It was a busy ended emotionally got hurt. I forced my self to think what I am going to say tomorrow in the positivity thread. I meditated for 10 minutes and the realisation hit me. All these little problems are not bigger as we think that moment and it all will pass. I am thankful to this thread as this making me focus on good things.

Gauri03, kaniths, Rihana and 8 others like this.
  8. corrosion

corrosion Silver IL'ite

Day 14: A bad day, handled terribly. The positive is a resolution to avoid the usual traps and have a better day tomorrow.

Gauri03, girvani, kaniths and 8 others like this.
  9. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Feeling rejuvenated after a short vacation with friends. Kids had lot of fun, we too.

Gauri03, girvani, kaniths and 7 others like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I woke up with closed eyes with thought of LORD and the images of deities of temples I had visited previous day at various places were moving one after another.

It gave a very pleasant feeling to nudge my spouse to wake up to get ready to visit swamimalai temple.(ST)

We reached the foot of ST at 9. I was glad when soft spoken driver announced his name as "BALA GURUNATHAN". That is one of many names of our tutelety deity. He took us to a shop where we purchased vasthiram for Lord. The name of shop was
    GURU GUHA textiles. He took us to flower market where we bought rose-sambangi garlands for swaminathasami. The flower seller gave his card. In it printed kandan karunai flower shop.
    He introduced us at temple to a learned priest by name Guruswami.

Squatting with family standing behind for almost 30 minutes at sanctum watching the proceedings of abhishekam and occasional closed eyes, mind immersed in worship gave inexplicable feel.

At conclusive stage, when the glistening curtain set aside with numerous wicks lighted deepa aradhana began, the lord appeared only to make us ecstatic and that was the glorious moment for which we planned for long and materialised now.

We thanked the Lord for this to happen and those who helped us with making this visit successful.

That was the moment we felt rejuvenated and our mind was devoid of any wish for ourselves.

I felt my mind experienced null for short moment and absorbed in glimpse of brightness.

The meaning of OM was taught to His Dad by Balamurugan; and so, that had given HIM another name GURUNATHA KUMARA GURUPARA.

The name of man who had suggested us to visit old temples in deep villages in outskirts, also happened to be Gurunathan.

The boy who ran errands for us in the hotel we stayed said he is known as kadir vel which is also
    another name for swaminathasami.

The day began with lord and concluded with immense satisfaction meeting many sporting Lord's names. I was deeply glad of this rare coincidence.

Staying in RAYA GRAND 3 star - opposite mahamaham tank - brought us nostalgic memories of our beloved parents who had the fortune to dip themselves in the auspicious hour in this sacred tank for three to four successive mahamagams - a great event occurs only once in 12 years certain stars fall in a row and great rivers of India including invisible river Saraswathi believed to confluence at this huge tank.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Amulet, Gauri03, girvani and 9 others like this.