100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Day 19: Today SIL and her children left.The house is at peace..completely ordered except for the delta chaos being introduced by my sweety...Though we did have differences and moments of irritation, the last hug, the tear drop from both of our eyes and the 'take care' we truly meant and uttered to each other meant something more..Its very very easy to break a relationship but damn difficult to build one..If only people can be more empathetic and open, relationships can be the life enriching factor in this otherwise fast paced mechanical world!!

mangaii, Gauri03, Viswamitra and 6 others like this.
  2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

An ordinary day with everyday kindness enriched.

mangaii, Gauri03, Viswamitra and 3 others like this.
  3. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Day 50 : :banana::cheer: I have reached my first milestone here. My approach to life has changed a lot. I thank you IL for the same.
    The second positive of the day is i have been able to motivate my family to exercise and each one have found their ways of exercising. Somebody has enrolled for swimming, some for walking. Have to wait and watch for how long this can sustain. I have realized that the first step has be taken from self.

mangaii, Gauri03, Viswamitra and 5 others like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Day 44: Had great time watching dolphins
    Day 45: Watched Aladdin movie. Totally loved it. So colourful and magical :hearteyes:
    End of long long weekend. Back to work from tomorrow :pensive:

mangaii, Gauri03, Viswamitra and 6 others like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Like going to the library book-drop and trying to fit all of them in the narrow opening... I kept postponing writing a few positives here. Sometime last week, in some order:
    - The Warriors reach the NBA finals. Was expected but I am very happy, in particular for Coach Kerr. What a gentleman.

- Feet that I used to dexterously hide at bare-feet Indian gatherings are on their way to becoming smooth as a baby's butt.

- Chatted in whatsapp about the Indian elections to a few old friends. For some reason, I kept my sentence generic. Got back the reply from all three along the lines: "another five years of divisive rule... not good for the country..." They are all from states where BJP did not win but all are settled in states where BJP won big time. I am glad I did not say "the least unpalatable option won. and won fair and square." That would call for a long and heated exchange ranging from Godhra, 1984 Delhi, Pulwama, Uniform Civil Code, appeasing the minorities, and the usual stuff. Not worth it with friends I ping a handful of times a year.

- Can now compare and contrast Headspace and Calm. :sunglasses:

- kaniths' post about nephew trying to say ba-na-na reminded me of the time my kid progressed from ana-ba to ba-na-na and thrilled with the feat, kept repeating that for 4 minutes from the car seat as I backed out my car from a narrow space. That itself is a precious memory but it in turn reminded me of Kahlil Gibran's words in On Children:
    You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
    For they have their own thoughts.

We can teach them the words, but they form their own thoughts. So, coming to the actual positivity: I did not ask the 'ana-ba' child, "So, what are you plans for summer? Let's talk." I have decided to wait for the thoughts to form in the mind with the words I put there. : ) Said child is going around quite puzzled with the quieter, calmer, saner mom. : ) A puzzled child wondering what parent is up to -- positivity. :lol:

Well, on reading the above, it seems quite intense and long drawn. Will post smaller parts henceforth.

Amulet, mangaii, Gauri03 and 5 others like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Completed a pending part of an experiment. Results came within an acceptable range. Boys had football training and I walked during that time.

kaniths, mangaii, Anusha2917 and 5 others like this.
  7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Very very good morning to ILites. Was mentally busy due to exams, board results and finding colleges. It was a very bad face to gone through.

I really appreciate DS for managing exam anxiety. He scored 20% more than my expectation.
    One good friend is shifting to other city 50% happy for their extra mile and 50% sad for her absence.
    Trying very badly to make DH health concentrated.

kaniths, mangaii, girvani and 5 others like this.
  8. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Day 20: Got a mail that I have cleared the other IIT as well for a direct PHD..So right now I have 2 offers in hand but will definitely opt for the earlier hometown IIT. I feel so strange and distant. What seemed so elusive in the past doesn't excite me anymore when I have it right in my hands!!

Laks09, kaniths, Rihana and 9 others like this.
  9. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Paani puri with My dear sister after longgg time just made my day.

kaniths, mangaii, girvani and 6 others like this.
  10. corrosion

corrosion Silver IL'ite

Day 10, 11, 12: Stayed late to watch TV with my husband. We barely spend any time together so that was the highlight of the three days.
    Day 13: I have not been able to stay interested in a book long enough to complete it for the past many weeks. Finally stayed with a book for an hour and feel like I got my reading mojo back.

kaniths, mangaii, girvani and 5 others like this.