100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Over the past few weeks I ended up spending long periods of time in close proximity with people with radically different value systems than my own. Conversations and events, not all of them pleasant, placed my beliefs and priorities in stark contrast with theirs. Some moments had me questioning long cherished notions. It forced me to do some soul searching and isolate the non-negotiables in my life. Articulating the values and principles that drive my choices has helped bring about a sense of acceptance and quiet confidence. This is who I am and I am okay with it. My path might not be for everyone but it is mine and so long as I am guided by my values I will be content with wherever it takes me.

Afresh, girvani, Anusha2917 and 4 others like this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Day 26: I was working on something from few days, finally I completed the task :banana:

Thyagarajan, girvani, kaniths and 3 others like this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

7 miles of a rigorous bone-crunching hike and every minute of it was worth it. Three hours of uninterrupted time with my best friend. These hikes have a become a therapeutic ritual for both of us. A time and place to share thoughts, worries and hopes we could never say out loud to another soul in the world except to each other.

Giri12, Thyagarajan, Afresh and 5 others like this.
  4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

The two days update as follows. On Saurday we traveled to the destination and On Sunday my husband and I have completed the 66 miles cycling successfully. The emotions/joy experienced cannot be expressed easily.

The morning we woke up at 4 AM, handed the boys to my friend and went to the race. We sat in the car for 25 minutes as we were early. During that time we were observing how some of the other cyclists are getting ready for the race. It was joyful to see how each and ever small things they are taking care of them. By looking at them, Jan and I learned to prepare ourselves better for the next year race. We got out of the car and I called swami to be with me. We reached the starting line. In total there were 5600 people and to start with it was intimidating. But, they all were encouraging us as this was our first attempt. When the whistle went off, we all started and the cheering of the crowd made you smile. I got into my own pace, I wasn't cycling fast but I was aiming at the minimum required speed. Cyclist were passing me and I passed some. The weather was cold but it was great to race. The scenery along the Lochness river was simply astonishing. Cycling itself was like meditating. First 34 miles went so smoothly and then came the mountain climb, It was a steep climb for 5 miles. I went on with the lowest possible speed. When I reached the top of the mountain, two musicians playing the pipe and it was an enlightening feeling. After that hardest possible climb, cycling down was a great feeling, after this, there were small climbs here and there for the next 30 miles also. When I was in my last 5 miles, people started cheering and it gave us so much energy to finish the race with a big smile. The biggest joy is to see Jan and boys waving me at the end line (Jan finished way before me). That was simply perfect. In total, we cycled 66 miles and climbed 4009 feet. We started the training at the end of October. In February I broke my arm. I clearly remember how I felt at the A& E while I was waiting to be scanned. I was thinking about this race and at the moment nobody knows how I will I heal. Healing is an individual process. What got me here is definitely my commitment and persistence and of course almighty's blessings. When I was in the last 10 miles of the race I was started imaging the end line but obviously, I couldn't see that. This is exactly what I am feeling about my Ph.D. at this moment. I have faith that I will meet the finish line of my Ph.D. exactly similar to my cycling race.

rachaputi, Giri12, cheenu123 and 8 others like this.
  5. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Day 35: Its summer vacation for kids. Played badminton with my niece and my kid. Both enjoyed playing badminton with me.

6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Got back to the normal routine. Since my broken arm (2months) I didn't make iddiyappam as my hand was not strong and I didn't want to take any risk before the race. Today I made it and all three boys devoured the dinner with a big smile and that made me so happy.

Giri12, cheenu123, kaniths and 4 others like this.
  7. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Day 36 : Having casual talk with kids. They reveal so many things. The story goes on n on.

rachaputi, kaniths, girvani and 2 others like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Day 27: Today my DH had a bad and busy day so he couldn’t cook lunch.
    He sent a message telling when someone cooks for you,you don’t realise how much they are doing for you. You will notice only when they aren’t around.
    I was :hearteyes::banana:

rachaputi, kaniths, girvani and 3 others like this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Spoke to my school friend and then finalised the beaver session plan while my image processing was running.

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I have been researching about the "Spiritual Molecule" for almost 6 months reading so many published articles, research papers, reading experiences shared by blog writers, etc. Thanks to the encouragement of @Gauri03 and @sokanasanah, I am able to find a) more information about it, b) the natural ways to promote it, c) circumstances under which it is produced biologically, d) benefits that could be derived from it, e) how it is connected with control of five elements, f) how to make the environment work in favor of our goal, g) how to crush ego, h) how to see the oneness of all, i) how to enhance focus exponentially, etc. Trying to implement it in real life is enormous effort through trial and error.

Now I know how the baby and mother bond so well naturally at the time of birth and how the people transitioning are able to see things beyond the physical barrier. Saturating love for everyone as a goal is traditionally recommended besides staying in flow state most of the time. I am now able to understand the rationale behind these teachings.

Giri12, Anusha2917, Afresh and 5 others like this.