100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Continued with my car driving today in the morning.

girvani, Anusha2917, kaniths and 2 others like this.
  2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

To my dis-organized mind - Please stay calm. I know we have lot to accomplish but by jumping from one task to another task every second you are not helping me. Every day is unique. Every day comes with own challenges. It is not the end . Today is a new beginning. I know it frustrates to start all over again but it is ok. There is no race and there is no end line. We fall , We rise , We shine and We grind again .Here is a hope that today is better than yesterday for everyone out there in this universe.

SunPa, girvani, Anusha2917 and 6 others like this.
  3. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Day 2: I was able to focus on work much better.

girvani, radv, Anusha2917 and 3 others like this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Preschool monkey got a certificate of recognition for embodying the value of the week at school which was happiness.

She says, "I got a certificate for being happy!"
    I said, "You are happy you got a certificate?"
    "No mommy!" she says with exaggerated exasperation, "Mr M saw me being happy on the playground and gave me a prize for being so happy." :smile:

Such a joy to see her expressions! Not to mention how much I liked the concept of teaching children that happiness is not a consequence of anything, but an independent state of being. I wish someone gave adults prizes for being happy. It certainly doesn't come easy.

girvani, Anusha2917, mangaii and 4 others like this.
  5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

I had some thoughts which were disturbing me. I have decided to write it down. After I have written it down, I felt that I have released the sufferings and felt better.

SunPa, Anusha2917, Gauri03 and 2 others like this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Weekend here. This entire week, we had been arguing and the fights only getting worse with neither of us wishing to compromise. :relaxed: He was avoiding food at home, eating or ordering out. Assuming he will do the same today, I thought to try my mother's recipe(s) and prepared an elaborate lunch (for myself). I don't trust my cooking much but something must have smelled/looked good I think :sweatsmile:, he joined me at the table for lunch! There, simple, just like that we ended our fight! Watched a movie later, had a good time together. I'm all smiles... :blush: (annnnd :hearteyes:)! :tonguewink:

SunPa, salad, radv and 5 others like this.
  7. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I love my zucchinis. From the time I pick it up from store till it goes it into stomach I love every phase of my z. I like picking up that from bright green vegetable from the rack. This one comes in all shapes and size. I love washing them. Not only that z is one the most versatile vegetable I have ever met. Z can dissolve in sambhar or roast in oven or blend with cheese as pizza topping or slither as Zoodle. Z is good for lazy people like me. It cooks in a minute. Saute the vegetable in olive oil with salt and pepper, pipping hot healthy food is ready. I want to be versatile like my Z without complaining about mingling with different people. I want to be always strong like my fresh Z yet kind like how my z's become once they are cooked. I want to be unique like my z whose name starts with last letter of alphabet. I want to available to people like how z is available in all seasons. I want to love myself like how I love my z's . Happy Friday

ChandrikaV, salad, kaniths and 5 others like this.
  8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 157 : Usual day at work when suddenly my manager said " can you give s motivational talk on women's day? " I said what it's tomorrow right?. Yes we sejected U but she's on unavoidable leave. I know u can do it. It's just 5 mins talk.
    That's all the more difficult to do right. To talk for 5 mins on an elaborate topic. So I came home. Quickly wrote on what I wanted to talk. Didn't prepare much as it was so much less time. But had a couple of topics in mind to talk about.
    Day 158: So gave a 5 mins talk to women's day in office.. I spoke about how women are excellent multitaskers citing our day to Day experience and how women are all over the place quoting example of our Defense minister. I'm not a public speaker and still fear to address the crowd. So I felt thankful that I got an opportunity to speak.

mangaii, salad, kaniths and 4 others like this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

After two weeks, my husband had a alternative Friday off and I have decided to get back to indoor cycle training with one hand. I did cycle for 50 minutes with one hand (cycle is fixed). I felt so great and it showed me the importance of exercise. Hopefully with swami’s grac I can participate in the cycle race at the end of April.

ChandrikaV, salad, kaniths and 4 others like this.
  10. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Day 3: I had unddisturbed time with my toddler and played well. My husband identified an opportunity which I thought was not a possibility, feeling thankful

mangaii, ChandrikaV, salad and 5 others like this.