100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It's Eid-ul-Fitr! Eid Mubarak everyone! Many fragrant memories of neighbors dropping in with biryani and seviyan. And what is Eid without Eiddi! Didn't matter if you were Hindu or Muslim the neighboring grannies would hand us eiddi just as readily as their own grand kids. Happier times when we hadn't built invisible walls around ourselves.

*Eiddi is petty spending money that elders in the family are obligated to give the little ones on Eid. Then mom steals it at the end of the day. :angry:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Viswamitra, sindmani, kkrish and 5 others like this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

A little gesture from a co-worker. He came with a glass of cold water and asked me to drink. Little did I realize that I was coughing so badly. Thought of my dad crossed my mind.

3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

To my then kindergartener : The day you are in this driving seat, I am going to be sitting behind you and kicking the drivers seat just like you are doing now. And never thought a decade would fly by just like that and That day is here Today. :)

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Happened to drive by a farm with 3 feet tall pine trees, all lined up like school kids in assembly, about to burst into song of prayer or national anthem. Being grown for Christmas. I wondered if they talk to each other at night, about the kind of homes they hope to go to. : )

One-time kindergartner, now safe-enough driver was driving : ) so I could spare thought for the thoughts of trees. : )

Thyagarajan, kkrish, Gauri03 and 4 others like this.
  5. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Was watching fifa world cup football match with hubby. Yesterday also we watch spain vs portugal. Ronaldo was awesome. I saw football match for d first time in entire life with genuine interest. So it was great weekend start.

6. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

That's lovelyyy... Imagining for my turn to enjoy :)..
    DS: I would never get into car when you drive... baapre
    Will see how this mushroom hair style guy would drive.. (definitely better than me :smirk: I know)

7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Very bad days.. @jskls thanks for making me smile..

Few things cannot change, just to accept and move on.. you will not have any to share few things, in the process of coming out of that your mind and heart will be buried thousand times..

hope I will come out from this mood soon..

8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @rachaputi better days will be soon here for you. This too shall pass. Cheer up

9. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Saw Hollywood movie named "zero dark thirty" based on osama bin laden capture. Indeed good one. End of weekend was relaxed and total chill. Gn all

jskls and Gauri03 like this.
  10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Day 3: I hate buzz /acronyms words with a passion. Esp when I am almost certain they are thrown around to cover up a lack of deeper understanding of the concept. Problem at work. A group of us were trying to get to the bottom of it. The 'expert' kept using words and acronyms which had most of us going :sconf::thinking: . I had enough of it and was about to ask him to explain himself when one of our newest recruits a very bright accomplished young man ..said calmly "this is not my domain. I don't have a f...ing clue what u are saying . Can u just explain ur position in plain english so we can solve this problem. " I could have hugged him. Brought up in a very conservative setup "u dont question authority ,you don't tell people u don't know something because it makes u look weaker et etc etc It took me a long time to actually get to the state where I am today which is- its ok to not know everything and no u dont have to ashamed of it. Each time I look at the younger generation I feel more and more confident that they will solve some of the issues we were too chicken to face.

Day 4: very relaxing start of the weekend.

kkrish, Giri12, Gauri03 and 1 other person like this.