100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday my school friend called after a long gap. We've been friends since First Grade.
    She is planning to visit me in a month or two. The day turned a lot brighter.

kaniths, Rihana, Giri12 and 3 others like this.
  2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Last night I was watching Classical Mechanics (Fall, 2011) | The Theoretical Minimum

In the course, Susskind explains, "Now if you throw a dice, sorry, is that dye, dice is plural or what"

He then halts, proceeds to the front, and chuckles in an anecdote.

"In one of these lectures, I said dice. A student from the back raised his hand and corrected me that the usage "dice" is plural and as I was throwing only one plastic cube that should be "dye". I was amused. You think professors here who teach quantum mechanics have advanced knowledge of everything, but, no, even, they don't know everything and once a while a student teaches a professor something refreshing and unrelated and amusing." <paraphrased wording>

I too chuckled with him on that anecdote. How seemingly unrelated interventions could liven up dense and prolonged lectures.

Rihana, Giri12, Gauri03 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Slowly good news has been trickling in - makes me happy to understand that people cope, things change and that smiles are all around.

Did not realize how happy I was to see 'the lady' get pregnant again. She was all smiles and beaming and I choked up with happiness. Never realized I could feel that happy for a person I only know in passing. Wish her the best!

Happy to see a friend planning a much needed vacation after a very very tough few months!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    girvani, Rihana, Giri12 and 3 others like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

And Oh today has already begun with a smile. FIFA!!! reminds me of Ansuya, the 2010 song, the conversations

and so the day has started with listening to the songs, Waka waka and others :)

Anisu, Rihana, Giri12 and 2 others like this.
  5. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Nothing negative is itself positive. On that note i am alive n breathing n doing well is d positive note for today.

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The steel vessel of the Instant Pot was mostly being emptied and washed by family the past few weeks. Was beginning to look like a year old chai vessel with burnt cream lines.

I found the time to put some baking soda and a thin layer of water. Three hours later, washed it off. It is shining new. As I scrubbed off each last brown dot (melting a snowflake, I like to imagine), the emerging clean surface was like coloring the blue ocean around the east, west and south of India in a map drawing book's left page. : ) Getting the tricky parts near Gulf of Kutch, Gulf of Khambhat, Gulf of Mannar and south of Bangladesh needed many a sharpening of the blue color pencil. : )

Kinder teachers used to put the tick mark and their initials outside the map. Most sullied the blue waters with ball point ink. : )

The shining, clean steel vessel even reminded me suddenly of the heavy steel milk vessel we had at home. The milkman ringing the bell in the middle of Chitrahaar, us having the vessel already fetched from kitchen and by the door....... mom with one eye on the TV nonetheless reminding the milkman to measure the milk properly....

sindmani, jskls, Gauri03 and 4 others like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

First week of working out completed as I intended. Smiling, nah more like :biggrin: !

Rihana, jskls, kaniths and 4 others like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

1) My son submitted his dissertation as scheduled on June 12th, a great gift for our wedding anniversary on June 13th. Now all he needs to do is to defend Mid July. Tacit signal from the committee is very favorable.

2) LANL found his credentials impressive but to make an offer, they have to wait for the defense to be completed, final transcripts sent, 3 recommendation letters and most updated resume.

3) He is a co-owner of a patent and a billion dollar company has requested two of them to present the method by the end of this month. If everything goes well, they will generate royalties from every burner made by this company from now on.

4) When ----------------------------------------?

Viswa

girvani, kkrish, Rihana and 3 others like this.
  9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Eid well spent with free biryani! :laughing:

Giri12, sindmani, kkrish and 4 others like this.
  10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Day 2: Somedays I have to look hard to find a positive and then there are days when I have to rank the events so the dearest one bubbles to the top. Quite a few happy little events yesterday. The best - walk with my closest friends post dinner around the neighborhood.

sindmani, kkrish, jskls and 4 others like this.