100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I miss congratulating someone's 100th day here. Why has the numbering stopped now?

PS: Rih Ji. No. You aren't moving my post to laundry bin this time. Very relevant expression, valid in this thread space! :smilingimp:
    (OP ' s objection self overruled!) :tongueout:

jskls, Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Diet - Check.

Exercises - Check.

Health - ...

Before starting to travel, I thought to get my doctor's opinion. Check. Check. Check. Thats good number of boxes he ticked green regarding my health. Sticking to the recommended food and workout routines for a month now, seems my damaged bones are showing signs of strength. Baby steps, still awesome! :cool:

Positivity : The joy when discipline, commitment and hardwork (Strength training ain't easy! :disrelieved:) pays well in return. I did it! :banana:

I'm happy! Check. :blush:

Giri12, jskls, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Discovered and used timer button in IP this weekend . DH is officially jealous of my relationship with IP now.

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

^^^ On a related note, made mushroom pulao for the first time in an IP today. The 3qt one. It is magical.. not to have to babysit the rice in the last 10-15 mins of cooking.

I am also feeling mighty proud of myself because I managed to use the smaller IP without reading the manual, even though the smaller IP doesn't have a "Manual" button.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Hurricane Irma is coming towards Florida but could change course in the next 1-2 days. It is predicted to be Cat 4-5 hurricane with a lot of storm surge and wind speed exceeding 150 miles per hour. After seeing Houston, no one is taking chances in Florida. I am not a storm chaser and would like to stay safe with my family someplace in interior Alabama or Georgia with plenty of supplies a good hotel to stay which is friendly to Orion. No Panhandle, New Orleans and South or North Carolina. Hopefully, it will turn further south. If not, we don't know what we will find when we get back. Good part is exclusive week with the family.

Viswa

6. Viswamitra

I woke up at 5:10 a.m. and worked for two hours before going on a hunting expedition. I went to a remote location looking for the precious item and there you go, the supplies came late at night when the store closed. The staff guided me that only 4 crates of bottles and 8 gallons are allowed for each household. I gladly accepted the deal and paid $26 and came home happy. Nope, that is an understatement and I felt very excited as though I closed a major deal. The store staff also appreciated my timing as they expect that stock to be finished in the next 30 minutes. :)

Giri12, GoneGirl, Srama and 4 others like this.
  7. Viswamitra

I feel like sitting duck as it is too late to be on the road and the Hurricane Irma predictions are veering towards the West coast of Florida. The interstate traffic is like a parking lot. Most predictions are for Irma to travel in the spine of Florida. It doesn't look for interstate and makes its own way. Positive news is Cuba mountain ranges have done wonders in the past for the US to take hurricane away from the mainland. Let us keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. My heart goes out for those who are predicted to take the direct hit in South Florida. Stay on higher grounds to protect from storm surge and I am chanting every night at 8 p.m. to save Florida.

8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Stay safe Viswa Sir.

9. Viswamitra

Dear Lakshmi,

Thank you for thinking of me and I certainly will. The storm is getting closer and closer to Florida and moving to the West coast as well where we are. We may not have power for a few days and I will let you know the status after Tuesday of next week hopefully.

Viswa

jskls likes this.
  10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kids have become old enough for sibling squabbles. Being a little bit older, DS ends up drawing the short straw when it comes to discipline. The little one doesn't grasp the purpose of punishment yet, and receives milder admonishments. Today was one of those days. DS complained, "She gets away with everything because she is cute!" Had a talk with him about how she was too small to understand consequences; how punishing her would be like punishing a monkey for being naughty. Then DD appeared, wearing huge minion scuba-glasses, a plastic banana in hand, and declared, "I'm Bob!" I looked at her then looked at him, as if saying, "See what I mean?" He tried but couldn't suppress his laughter, threw his hands up in exasperation and said, "Oh fine! But only until she is 4, then you have to punish her!" : ))

DD insisted on accompanying me to Costco, minion glasses, banana and all, and wore them the whole time we were there. I received plenty of understanding smiles from fellow parents. : )

kaniths and jskls like this.