100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hope I have saved this cuckoo. It was quite cuckoo - sitting on the ground and screaming for all it was worth and a whole horde of crows hovering around it and shouting. Looked out of my window and wondered what was happening. Went down and there was another guy standing near the bird. The crows flew to higher positions and kept cawing, but this cuckoo did not budge. Tried to talk it into flying away. (Yes I am cuckoo too!!! :p) Then slowly nudged it and it flew away. The crows chased it. Went behind to the park to see if it was safe. There was no more cacophony around. Hope cuckoo cuckoo is safe!

Cuckoo cuckoo.jpg

PepperPot, Mistt, Sunburst and 4 others like this.
  2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Har roj demonetization Hain tho kitna acha hothi thi. Na bank se niklna asaan Hai Hai, na karcha karna..:buenrollo:

Those were wonderful days :pensive:

Gauri03 likes this.
  3. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A dear friend went the extra mile... no.. went the extra 30 miles.. came down and took me out for lunch.. no.. dragged me. Ordered for me, told me to eat more, and also fed my brain some sorely needed gyan. Who says there is no such thing as a free lunch!

Giri12, kaniths, Amica and 4 others like this.
  5. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

"I give up!"
    "I just cannot get those damn eyes. I don't even understand how to draw those circles in circles in circles and how to position them."
    "May be you are not good with circular eyes, try another shape. Some people just don't get the circular eyes right."
    "But I don't understand how to plant those eyeballs."
    "That's okay. Try another shape. You are not good with circles. Try something else.

upload_2017-8-23_15-54-22.png

Tried something else. Tried rectangles.

upload_2017-8-23_15-54-57.png

Positive note: There are always options in life.

coffeecups, Giri12, Laks09 and 8 others like this.
  6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There's a bigger lesson in your quest to learn drawing, at least for me. I have seen you persevere for nearly 2 years. From the earliest neurite sketches to this^, it is a testament to what one can accomplish with a little passion and a lot of consistency. That's my positive for the day! :kissingheart:

Laks09 likes this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

First day of a crucial new project. Every step planned down to the smallest task. Good beginning.

Laks09, kaniths, Viswamitra and 2 others like this.
  8. Rihana

Felt like my old self (old as in old self, not old as in old old) after a long time. Reminds me not to take lightness of heart and spirit so casually, contradictory as that reminder can be. A few days were one continuous feeling of being under a Vellux blanket that was too heavy, yet the body lacked the energy to move it away. Folks saw the movement from the top like a baby moves and strangers feel it is alright to touch the woman's tummy : ) folks tried to help, and they did too.. but the final move out of such blankets has to be of one's own volition. And because one is ready, not because one has to go now. : )

Almost wrote a poem about the Vellux blanket, but would have been a half finished poem. And that would be such a sad verse, so it just remained lines in the mind.

Don't know about last janma, but I surely did some things right in the last century to have friends like I do.

Laks09, Amica, Gauri03 and 2 others like this.
  9. Rihana

Mere ghar aayegi ek nanhi pari chandni ke haseen rath pe sawaar. A fairy will come home on a moonlit chariot.

DD coming home tonight. The feeling as I look forward to the evening, is indescribable.

The Elizabeth Stone quote
    “Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ”

is so true.

Giri12, Gauri03, Laks09 and 6 others like this.
  10. Rihana

A very lazy middle day of the long weekend. Watched the India /Sri Lanka match on TV. Annoyed the better-half with arbit silly but sincere questions about the players.

Were Tillakaratne, Sangakkara, Ranatunga still playing... No, it seems. : )
    And, does Anushka Sharma come to watch each match that Kohli plays in... No, she has work to do, it seems.
    Why is it saying Virat and not Kohli on his jersey.. (his wish, it seems),
    Is it called "t-shirt" or "jersey"... : )

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Giri12, Gauri03 and justanothergirl like this.