100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Pl listen to Guru Astagam by Adi Sankara in you tube with meaning .it will bring tears in ur eyes if u are God oriented through Guru.
    "The woods are lovely dark & deep but i have promises to keep miles to go before i sleep "

2. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

God had blessed me with strong will power .When i first saw some symptoms & consulted our family doctor without informing any of our family members not even my DH. Doctor after asking some questions showed some expression on her face.She didn't say anything openly.asked me to take urine culture test & ultrasound scan of abdomen.Immediately i sensed the blessing of cancer had occupied my body.no tears no weeping, didn't tell anyone but only told my DH about the symptoms & the tests prescribed by doctor not about cancer that too due to the necessity of his help in going to the scan center as i am aged.

" The woods are lovely dark &deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

Giri12, cheenu123, kaniths and 2 others like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hot weekend. Water hose's nozzle stopped working. I showed a bunch of amused neighborhood kids how to spray water efficiently using the thumb. These kids are the 'chocolate milk comes from brown cows' urban elite. : ) I put away the hose and showed them how to spray/splash water using a mug and bucket. Fill the mug, hold it up with the right hand, position it slightly above the right shoulder. Start to tip the mug downward at an angle, and the left hand guides the mug as water pours out, the right hand's fingers sort of spreading out to guide it too.

Maybe I should have recorded it and uploaded to youtube. Didn't find any video demonstrating that. : )

Giri12, Gauri03, Sandycandy and 4 others like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Completed 5 volumes of Ponniyin Selvan in 3 months. Initially started listening to audio book (first 2 Volumes) and the rest read online. Overcame my readers block

sindmani, Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  5. Rihana

Who says you can't buy happiness. A credit card offer says they will give me $200 for spending $1000! And it is legit! Plus, I have real needs (not wants) to spend on!

In other news, my pals are coming back one by one from India. Each one's mom or MIL will send for me packets of sambhar powder, murukkus, mixtures, and much more. Too bad I stopped the practice of them sending me home-made pickles. Didn't want to take the risk of it spoiling my pal's silk sarees in the suitcase. : )

sindmani, Giri12, Gauri03 and 4 others like this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Feeling so relieved that one major worry is out of the way.

sindmani, kaniths, Mistt and 3 others like this.
  7. Rihana

Have taken up a new hobby/activity that is kind of like aromatherapy (in the equipment it needs), though very different. Uses small measuring devices. Ordered really small droppers and funnels and beakers. Was looking at these after many years. They are accurate and reliable and do what they are told to.

sindmani, Giri12, rachaputi and 3 others like this.
  8. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Mind getting devirted from important works. Will try to focus on the things.

Need to control my anger and tension.

Missing the consistency of balancing. How you people manage? Any ideas...

kaniths, jskls and Gauri03 like this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Three months of toiling -- composting, mulching, and fighting fungi and cucurbit beetles (@^%#$!) -- is finally bearing delicious fruit. The taste of a freshly picked, sun warmed tomato is a pleasure everyone must experience at least once! Warm cherry tomatoes with a sprinkling of salt are family favorites these days.

Tomato.png

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

After intense research and discussions for many years, I could never figure out how the metabolism works in my body. I couldn't understand the difference between energy and fat and how to shrug-off those extra pounds. I always wonder what happens when we lose weight and where does it go? If I need to lose it, I need to understand how the body works. Thanks to Ruben Meerman, I figured out Fat = C55H104O2 and it can be exhaled 84% as CO2 and 16% as H2O excretion. For example, if I need to lose 25 pounds, 21 pounds will leave in the form of exhalation of CO2 and 4 pounds in H20.

Everyone tells me to work out more and eat less of carbs but now I understand why. :)

Viswa

satchitananda, Nonya, Rihana and 2 others like this.