1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

10 steps to wear madisar..the Tamil Iyer Saree

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by pushkala, Mar 19, 2008.

1. rmgowri

rmgowri New IL'ite

Dear pushkala,

thanks for the information. I wear madisar this karthigai deepam (2nd december 2009) after i read ur post.

Very useful information

Gowri Iyer

2. SundariP

SundariP New IL'ite

Does any body knowany site showing a video of how to tie Iyer madisar....we have fancy dress competion in our office i need to tie it

3. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

HELP : Please give more details for how to wear madisar..the Tamil Iyer Saree

Hi Pushkala mam I read your 10 steps, although so many people seem to understand, I am just not able to go by your words - I wore this saree on my wedding 2.5 years ago.. I need to wear it tomorrow - so maybe due to time gap or so.. I really need more detailed description - ex. first step says do pleats length wise ( does it mean you pleat along the length ? or across the length ? (the second being similar to usual saree) ) Similarly you say tie the knot, how can i tie knot if I have pleats at the end ?? obviously, it means I am not understading something logical/common sense .. but no other way except IL to learn.. so maybe can you provide some more descriptive info, or pictures (maybe you can show it on a small child ? I saw there is a link smwr on web lke that, but that saree doesmt give iyer style..)
    Also, when you say bring it around - slow people like me have no idea if it should be from back to front via right hand side or left hand side..?
    Please dont mistake me maam, I know you have done a great job by putting these steps in first place.. however, some of us need extra coaching :( so, can anyone please give more detailed description
    So many ladies here seem to have benefited by Pushkal mam's steps.. would be great if someone can volunteer to extend the description and post pictures ..

regards
    savitha

4. anaconda1997

anaconda1997 Senior IL'ite

5. vijayanarasimha

vijayanarasimha New IL'ite

hai dears,
    thank u so much for ten easy steps as i have towear everynow and then for so many functions and i use to do it like this only but i use to always feel that i am wrong some where, because i dont have anybody at home to correct me this is so easy if there is a video clip i ll first download it thank u once again:drowning
    vijaya

6. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

thanx for all the contributors. i badly wanted to learn it. the video is too good , i got the confidence that i will surely get it this time.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  7. anukv

anukv Bronze IL'ite

very nice ..... gr8 effort
    @Imani: What type do u want?? Cotton or pattu or Gadwal??

8. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Really nice step by step. I will probably use it this month for a function. Thanks!

9. sairathi

sairathi New IL'ite

Wonderful instructions and Very informative Video...

I have just another tip to add... when first keeping the pleats at the back, keep your feet wide and tuck a bit of the saree under your right heel when you bring it around. Don't leave this until you are readyto bring around the pallu. This keeps the madisar crom becoming too tight around your legs that you have to walk like a geisha :)

Watch the video again to see Patti mention it

10. aparna2003

aparna2003 New IL'ite

hi this is aparna from Hyderabad .10 tip or like golden tips to wear madisar.thank u very much.