1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

”A happy family is but an earlier heaven.”-George Bernard shaw

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Aug 30, 2009.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Preetha,
    Thanks for your FB.We essentially blog to escape the tedium of day to day life.I therefore tread cautiously while packing some message in my snippets.Glad that you enjoyed the article.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

2. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear LN maama,
    Very nice post. Indeed if we stop to analyse it will make us respond in a better way. thanks for posting an analysis of each ego,
    Aparna

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear LN sir,

I feel that there is no insurmountable problems in life if one can sit back, analyze and go about it logically.

But...and it is a Big BUT...how many of us are able to do that when thrown into a turmoil? All of us...ok, make that 'most' of us react on an impulse. Our emotions touch a peak and dive to a low in an instant. That is the biggest problem, is it not?!

Nice to sit back and be able to read all about what Dr Barne has to say and muse over Shaw's words. At present, I am in an adult ego stage and can perfectly understand the value of those words. But, lo behold, I am thrown into a hectic situation and my egos go for a toss...And that's the problem!:) No Dr. EricBarne in my horizon?!!

Enjoyed reading this and congrats on being nominated for the FP.

L, Kamla

sindmani likes this.
  4. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Wow LN Sir! That was a very educative post. Well, all your posts have a message in them or something to learn from. I really enjoyed this one.

I must say that this time I was ahead of the FP nominations this time! I read this post of yours before SriVidya nominated it to the FP.

You have introduced me to a wealth of information that, if acquired, could lead to stress free relationships with other humans! What I really like about your posts is that they talk of issues and problems as entities that can have solutions and that can be handled logically. This definitely puts one in a very positive frame of mind when handling problems or people.

Thank you LN Sir for guiding us. Your guidance is much sought after.

Luv,
    SS

sindmani likes this.
  5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aparna,
    Thanks for your FB.I have had outstanding results by observation and understanding the ego state of the individuals.This will tell us when to push forward or when to retreat.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

sindmani likes this.
  6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla,
    Thanks for the appreciative words and pointing out the practical difficulties in following the concept.On the other hand instant reaction is the bane of our communication.Even if it does not solve the problem certainly it helps us to understand why a particular individual behaved in a particular way and that takes the heat off for retaliation.It is always nice to get your considered view.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

sindmani likes this.
  7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear SS,
    Helping people to have a positive frame of mind was the objedtive of this snippet.Even if heavens come down,a woman with positive frame of mind can help restore sanity in the otherwise egocentric world.
    Thanks for your interesting comments and with regards.
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

sindmani likes this.
  8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear LN sir,
    you have come up with the wonderful analysis of " states of Ego in everybody.

We are each made up of a number of different states; each has its own feeling of power, weakness, emotion, logic, or other personal traits. When we say, "Part of me wants to," we are talking about an ego state. When we say, "I feel at peace with myself on this issue," we are talking about our ego states agreeing, not having an internal struggle. Our various states help to make our lives rich, productive, and enjoyable. A state harboring pain can cause unrest and unwanted emotional reactionsIf we imagine the Ego as fertilizer, it is the cause of growth of Soul's tree. If the fertilizer is in abundance the tree will die or will get extremely weak. This is the simplest illustration to understand the position of the Ego in man's body.
    With love
    pad

sindmani likes this.
  9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Padmini,
    You have summed it up beautifully"Our various states help to make our lives rich, productive, and enjoyable. A state harboring pain can cause unrest and unwanted emotional reactions
    Thanks and regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

10. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful post about different egos we go through or switch to,since its explained well with examples the post wasnt boring at all.Thanks for psoting this:)

sindmani likes this.