1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“Where are you going to ……”

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Dec 3, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma

A wonderful post. Only you can write such a meaningful post.
    Ya sometimes dont know where are we going .

Life is only travelled once, today's moment becomes tomorrow's memory. So we have to enjoy every moment , good or bad, because the gift of life is life itself. Finally we have to reach our destination. And you rightly said the ultimate goal should be moksha. But we have to do so much good to attain moksha.

love
    viji

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Laks,

As always, your fb puts me on a high...

Life is indeed an eventful journey and no-one really knows when and where it will end...

A2B and SB are our favourite haunts too!

Thank you for the lovely words of appreciation, dear dear Laks.

Love,
    Padma

3. Padmasrinivas

Dear Lalli,

All wait-listed passengers on the journey of life... No tatkal tickets available for this journey!

True, we carry no physical baggage with us, only the mystical P/L balance of 'Paapam and Punyam'...

I enjoyed your fb, Lalli!

Thanks so much...

Love,
    Padma

4. Padmasrinivas

Dear Radha,

Am on top of the world Radha, things couldn't be better, how sweet of you to feel so concerned...

I love this spiritual meandering that takes me on these trips, they give a real sense of fulfilment to the routine ...

Jai Bhavani Maa!

Loads of love,

Padma

5. Padmasrinivas

Dear Saras,

People are always on the move, maybe just headed to the office or a store for the usual shopping, a holiday, ... the journey of life continues as we grope towards the final destination... whether we travel happily, enjoying each moment or go with a sorrowful heart is up to us..

Thanks for stopping by to post a sweet fb, Saras dear,

Love,
    Padma

6. Padmasrinivas

Dear Bhargavi,

How true! People usually dislike being asked where they are going, particularly when they are setting out..."Seriya pochu, ippo namma velai nadanthaa maathirithaan"...is the usual reaction!

As every day dawns, we are closer to the final destination, yet we do not know where it is and when we will reach it!

Thank you for dropping in, Bhargavi dear!

Jai Bhavani Maa!

LnBBHs,
    Padma

7. Padmasrinivas

Dear Viji,

I fully agree that we must experience and cherish the present, every moment of our lives is special as we travel towards our destiny, strive to attain the Ultimate Bliss...

You have summed it up in such apt words

"So we have to enjoy every moment , good or bad, because the gift of life is life itself"

Thank you so much for coming in here, Viji dear,

Love,
    Padma

8. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Padma, :thumbsup
    An exquisite piece as is usual with all your posts.Loved the way you narrated the
    rendezvous at Ananda Bhavan and your thoughts as you tried to fathom the travel plans of the rest of the travellers, especially those who are still driving in the Fast Lane of LIFE unlike some of us journeying at a slower pace.
    We belong to the same level on the Barometer of Age and have run all the races and are now content to stand by and cheer the young ones.
    We are so often caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey, especially the goodness of the people we meet on the way. Appreciation is a wonderful habit to cultivate and practise.Being able to embark on the journey of Life is a reward in itself and when we come across rainbows or silver linings amongst the clouds , the journey is transformed as our joy is multiplied.
    As you said we can never tell when it will end or when the final stop will be announced for each of us.....on a personal note I hope it will be like a candle being snuffed out ! The best consolation is we do not need to get any travel documents ready or worry about excess baggage!:biglaughTherefore I'm sure we'll have a safe final journey and have a smooth take off and a happy landing and ofcourse travelling feather light!:cheers

9. vishalsimple

vishalsimple New IL'ite

hi Padma..

its nice post and my first feedback goes to u..
    very well written..yes the journey never ends..

best wishes,
    vishal.

10. Padmasrinivas

Dear Paulina,

I just loved every word of your fb... only you could have put it so beautifully.

How true that at this stage in life, one has "run all the races" and now finds joy and satisfaction in just "standing on the sidelines to cheer the young generation", except for the rare occasions when we have to keep pace (breathlessly) with their fast pace!

And of course as one gets prepared to disembark at the "last stop", one hopes and prays fervently for an instant transition...

Thank you so much Paulina, I am on a high!

Love,
    Padma

PS: Oh! may I add my apologies for the delayed acknowledgement, courtesy the vagaries of the broadband connection...