1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“Where are you going to ……”

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Padma,
    I love the way you always weave together a simple event and a deep and profound thought. I really admire your writing style. This piece of writing is excellent as usual. You started off with a simple visit to the AAB en route to Chennai and kept me spellbound till the end and here I am still pondering about my aspirations from life. I'm certain every reader will agree with me if I quote that you have left us with a lot to contemplate about.

On a totally different note, AAB and Saravana Bhavan at Vellore are our favourite pit stops! We never make the Bangalore-Chennai drive without sparing an hour and a half each way for the sumptuous brunch at AAB and lunch at SB!

Regards,
    L

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Priya Atma-Sakhi Jaya,

Such lovely words from you, my soulmate...

Like you, I too would like to hasten the journey towards that destination...

Jai Bhavani Maa!

Loads of love, dear

Padma

3. Padmasrinivas

Ma belle Alpa,

Merci bien, mon amie...

Wonderful to have you here...

Amicalement,
    Padma

4. Padmasrinivas

Dear Kamalji,

Absolutely right when you say we are always on the go... human nature to aspire for the next goal.... unending journey, isn't it?

Thanks for the lovely fb, KMji,

regards,
    Padma

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mami,

That was a fantastic trip you took us....

From the road journey, A2B to inner journey was superrrrrrrrrrrrr. All are ticket holders in this world awaiting our confirmation for the onward journey..When HE confirms is a matter left to his choice and for this journey no packing and planning is required... All is at His will. No choice on that.

6. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

Dear padma,
    All fine ?? why do you sound low and disturbed? if i am not mistaken yes everyone has to go on an onward journey in search of destination all such thoughts come in only when we feel disturbed especially when i am in low moods my thoughts go wandering i forsee all the future :)) hope things are moving alright at your end cheer up if i am wrong do excuse me
    love
    radha

7. Padmasrinivas

Dear radsahana,

Thank you so much for stopping by to add a few words of approbation, dear friend,

Love,
    Padma

8. Padmasrinivas

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Oh yes, there are several instances of my 'walking into a room' or even opening the fridge, only to forget why I did so in the first place!

So that makes me somewhat akin to a dog, I guess!!!??? (just kidding)

Amazing how people are always on the move, in a tearing hurry too... so what is gained by being somewhere ahead of the others, I wonder?

Please accept my (belated) condolences on your Mother's passing away, may God bless her soul. The peaceful look on her face emphasises the fact that she has reached the ultimate destination that we are all seeking and where we will go when our time is up...

As always, your being here works wonders for my morale (and ego!)

Thank you for the lovely words, Cheeniya sir,

Regards,
    Padma

9. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma aunty,

Yes, I have almost always wondered where are people heading to...when I find myself amidsts a crowd in a bus-stop or railway station.
    And on their way, some are happy and carefree, some have looks of anxiety or eagerness, some tensed.

Wherever they intend or don't intend to go..I wish and pray that all have a smooth journey in their day-to-day life as well as in their trip toward the ultimate destination.

Only you can think of relating a mundane act with spirituality..and I admire it a lot :hatsoff.

Bye

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Padma ma'am,
    That's a nice one asking or guessing where we are going and where others go..and in the final phase..giving the answer, where we should aim and go..

yet leaving one with a feeling of discontent once all this has been achieved.
    These lines are true..we are not satisfied with anything at all..

We cannot ask any person...where are you going...only guessing game on our part...:biglaughotherwise we would be in trouble in asking such question a followed by the comment..."He/she asked it right...I know that job will not be fruitful. :-(" :)

sriniketan