1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.”

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 7, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Every second that you live you are never going to get back. You are never going to get to change what you said, didn’t say, did, or didn’t do. Live how you want to live. Act how you want to be remembered, because you never know how long or short you are going to be here.”

- Emily Doberstein

We come to this world empty handed and leave from here also empty handed. We dont know how long we are going to live. Now a days many are there who die young and many are there who are from old times still living, some are healthy and some are having health problems. Every one faces health problems now a days after sixty. Earlier people used to follow strict diet so they lived with good health even after sixty.

I am glad that I have enjoyed every stage of life . Though I am ageing I still want to live with a purpose and want to be independent. God has kept me alive must be for a reason. I should make good use of the time till I am there and learn from others. Indusladies is a good place to learn so many things . Writing my experiences here I feel good and also listening to other's experiences I am able to learn something from them.

Some things for some it might not be of any importance but for others it is very important. Just now my sister phoned to tell me that she lit the Silver Diya which I had given her and which gives a message from God that your operation will be perfect and you will have clear vision after that. It seems if you give Diya as a gift your eyes will have no problem. Its all each one's belief. I believe in all these things. Usually I give Ganpathiji as a gift as He is Vignahartha and also Diya. In case I am not able to get either of them I give Laughing Buddha.

In dwelling, live close to the ground.
    In thinking, keep to the simple.
    In conflict, be fair and generous.
    In governing, don’t try to control.
    In work, do what you enjoy.
    In family life, be completely present.

- Lao-tzu-

3 people like this.

2. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

nicely written, thanks for sharing your wonderful blog, keep it up

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

Thank you very much Cedant Sir for your immediate response. You dont know how happy you have made me by giving response immediately. I feel very happy when I get an immediate response. What to do I am not able to change that attitude of having patience in getting fbs. Glad you liked the post.

4. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin Viji aunty,
    A sweet post that is filled with positive thoughts.....
    Can understand the secret of your freshness and innocence.......thinking positive and acting positive at all times......
    Keeping you in prayers aunty.....Get well completely soon......
    We too believe that giving deepams as gifts/ to temple is good and brings positive energy and healing of eye problems....as the light spreads and removes darkness......both external and internal.....
    Take care aunty,

1 person likes this.
  5. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Dear vijima.... A very and wonderful post as always... :) I never knew that gifting of diya would relate to your eye problem :) thanks for the info ma :) take care of your health. BTW how is uncle and his health now????

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

Bhargavi dear sorry for replying you late. You dont know how happy I am to receive your sweet message as always. Thank you for always motivating this aunty although you are busy at home an dwhenever you log in you dont forget to appreciate others work. Thanks for your prayers and good wishes. Good to know that you also believe giving deepams is good forhealth.

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Akka,

You are an inspiration for many of us in this Forum. Keep writing those wonderful positive messages, as always. There is nothing to fear about death and there is nothing to worry about living longer. Everything is a gift for a good reason. Every experience is a lesson that is customized for us to learn something. I was listening to Dr.Wayne Dyer late night at 12:30 p.m. and he said, "We need to be passionate about visualizing our good health, happiness and peace. We become what we visualize. It is not the thought that counts but how you feel it that matters. Westerners call it subconscious mind" Our body and mind is a house in which our true identity lives. An elderly person can feel very young by changing the actions and a young person can feel old by getting into the world of depression. Prayers are not designed to make the Creator feel good but to make us feel better. When we pray, we give our problem in the good hands of unknown and become worry free.

There is no point in living if we don't feel healthy, happy and peaceful. There is no point in worrying about death as we know it soon after we were born in physical form that this frame will deteriorate and eventually disappear.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

Deepa dear thanks for your appreciation. Ya dear I also heard from someone that gifiting of diya is good for the eyes. Uncle in fine now and health is ok. Thanks for your concern.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Viswa dear thanks for your sweet message. Getting an appreciation from a great writer like you who has so much knowledge in everything and whose threads and fbs are thought provoking makes my day. With the inspiration and motivation I get from you all I keep on writing. True life and death is not in our hands. When the call comes we have to go and as long as I am here I want to do good and take with me the good things and get some punya. As far as possible I try to do good but may be sometimes without my knowledge I might have done some bad too. Thanks for sharing the message from Dr.Wayne. Everyday we get to learn something through you. Thanks Viswa dear