1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 16, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

If you're angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug - which is all the more reason to do so. It's hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that's precisely what happens when we hug each other. ~Walter Anderson, The Confidence Course, 1997

When angry each one of us show it in a different manner. Some shout at the person and make the other person feel bad and unhappy. Some don’t talk to that person till their anger is subsided. When people love someone and they get angry and stop talking then they feel very bad. It is better to shout and show their anger or give any punishment for the person who has done wrong instead of keeping quiet which makes the person more sad.

My grandmother never used to talk when she used to be angry. She used to be very quiet and I used to find out ways how to make her talk. I used to love my grandmother very much so could not bear when she does not talk with me.
    My husband is just opposite, if he sees something which makes him angry he will start shouting and when he is angry he does not know what he is saying. But after sometime he will forget that he got angry. But the person who is affected by his anger will think of the time when he was angry. He is short tempered but a gem of a person.
    Your anger is like a flower. In the beginning you may not understand the nature of your anger, or why it has come up. But if you know how to embrace it with the energy of mindfulness, it will begin to open. You may be sitting, following your breathing, or you may be practicing walking meditation to generate the energy of mindfulness and embrace your anger. After ten or twenty minutes your anger will have to open herself to you, and suddenly, you will see the true nature of your anger. It may have arisen just because of a wrong perception or the lack of skilfulness.
    THICH NHAT HANH,

2. samsonllb

samsonllb New IL'ite

Very useful to me ! I can use this method today

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I am of the opinion, the anger is caused by our mind's reaction to the information received by the mind. It is our emotional part of the mind that reacts before using the discriminating faculty. If we review the information carefully, we will realize that our job is to look at us internally and refine us better and better and not to fix the issues of others. If we have a suggestion, we have to suggest that to other fellow beings politely. The root cause of anger is our desires, attachments, expectations, etc. If we get angry, the work is at our end. Any decision we make when we are angry will not produce the best results.

When we have to say a few words or write to someone, we better do a quality check by applying a few principles:

1. Check whether those words are spoken or written in a right frame of mind?
    2. If someone were to say or write those words, how would we react?

Viswa

4. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Nice Blog dear VijiMaa!
    "Your anger is like a flower. In the beginning you may not understand the nature of your anger, or why it has come up"--Loved these lines.
    Every time you get angry,you poison your own system.
    As you mentioned , we will try these tips-If you are angry, just go for a walk or you can hear Music,meditation to generate the energy of mindfulness and embrace your anger.
    Never do anything when you are in a temper, for you will do everything wrong.
    Very useful info for controlling anger.
    Thanks for sharing with us, we all will follow these instructions.

5. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

I agree with this Vijima

And Viswamitra sir : Excellent feedback.

6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anger is only a natural reaction. It is a reaction to something that a person feels is wrong. While anger can sometimes lead people to do shocking things,it can also be an instinct to show people that something isn't right.

7. iyerviji

Samson dear glad my write up with be useful to you, thanks for your fb

8. iyerviji

Viswa dear your feedbacks are always thoughtful and something to learn from your fbs. As Pallavi has mentioned excellent fb.

9. iyerviji

Surya dear glad you liked the tips. Thanks for your fb

10. iyerviji

Thanks Pallavi dear for your fb. True Viswa's feedback is excellent