1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“ Never ever underestimate a woman”, says Varalotti !

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

And never underestimate Varalotti.Period.

Dear Varalotti,

I was only of the late entrants to your fans club in IL, but now am a cheer leader. This story is wonderful. As always, it is written in style in good language.

I liked it not just because you have highlighted the astute managerial skills of a woman, but because you have delved well into the psyche of women in business and how they behave under pressure.

My husband says that when he recruits a woman to a top management post, it is not because she can think like a man, but because she can bring a diverse set of skills by thinking like a woman. You have proved that point very well here.

And looking forward to more.
    love & regards
    Vidya

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Vidya, Thanks A Ton

Dear Vidya,
    I am not big enough to have a fans club in IL. But was moved by the thought of your being the cheerleader.
    In those days where business was done only on the basis of your authority, men outshone women, no doubt.
    But today businesses have become exceedingly complex and even the smallest problem needs a creative solution and before that a clear head to conceive the problem. I think it is here that women score over men
    At home when I lose something and frantically searching for it making lot of noise, my wife would calmly enquire, do a mental investigation and find the object for me in no time. The point is that many a time the hard-nosed approach does not work.
    But I have never had the opportunity of having a female colleague, though I have had women assistants, clients and associates. May be if I can observe women in top management I could have presented a better story.
    Thanks for the words of appreciation.
    regards,
    Varalotti

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Wow, that was one cool story Sridhar! nd i am sure such situations are always happening in top notch positions in many companiesand women have to fight to stay in! But i have heard usually that , if a woman fights and stays in ,she is usually branded as a cut throat etc etc, and never is she given the genuine acceptance, be it her male or female colleagues...i dont know how far this is true, i have never worked in a corporate world...so....
    But Sridhar, good story line and well delienated too! Keep it up! :clap

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My type of a story:)

Dear Varalotti/Sridhar,

First of all, thanks a lot for brining your story to IL for our pleasure. And it surely was a pleasure to read it. I enjoyed the story from the first line to the very last. Beautifully written and moves with a good pace keeping the reader totally absorbed. It is such a ‘today’ story and appealed to me greatly. I am slowly but surely discovering the versatility of Mr Varalotti Rengasamy, the author...The Scar, Beauty and the Brain, The Haunted House and not to forget books such as Vetriyin Vidaigal …the list is endless. Keep them coming Sridhar, your writings will never fail to thrill every reader with their fresh and innovative themes and ideas. Great going!

Love and regards,
    Kamla

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2006
  5. varalotti

A career woman is branded by the society...

You are right, sudha. I have seen many a career woman being branded as heartless, cut-throat etc. while the same qualities if present in a man come under the description, enterprising, dynamic etc.
    But we will have to see the other side as well. I know a lady in a local bank branch. Grossly inefficient and always idling away her time. Once when the manager pulled her up, she just started crying, in front of about a hundred staff members and an equal number of customers. The Manager did not know what to do. As that lady used to be good looking every came in support for her and the manager was transferred.
    Unlike Bhavani, this lady has used her prowess to emotionally black mail her boss.
    But I tell you one thing. Even in the dense forests there are some laws of the jungle. For instance a lion will not kill unless it is hungry. But corporate jungle is a place where killing is a sports activity. And maiming, a practice session.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Thanks Kamla

Dear Kamla,
    You always say that I know how to charm my readers. And I should confess you only know too well how to charm a writer. You have done wonders to my ego by your beautiful words. Posts like yours I'll treasure and read whenever my moods are down.
    The function of all arts (and science too) is to bring happiness to human minds. From your post I learn that my story has done something in that regard. Makes me really proud.
    love and regards,
    sridhar/varalotti

7. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

was the first to inform

Sorry for pulling the rug under your feet Chithra - but I was the first to read it in Alive and inform Varalotti. The story was more like a case study - but young employed girls can learn a lot from this. Our staid accountant should have been a clinical psycholgist, gauging from this and his other story in WE about the violent student.
    Chithra, your reviewing style has improved.
    Sharada

8. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

How did i miss this?

Awesome story. btw, is it a mere story or a real incident? Whatever it maybe i really really admire bhavanis courage and determination. Sure shot inspiration!

Brilliant article Varalotti!

Purnima

9. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

Pure presence of mind..nice story!

Dear varalotti,

Reading the first para of your story i thought it is the common problem what a woman faces in this corporate world...yes, in your words corporate jungle.Bhavani tried all the ways and means to convince the executives to solve the problem but,god had a different plan in his pocket for her...when ,one tries hard even the world comes together to make your wish come true...as told by Paulo Coelho..the alchemist...

I am happy that she could identify the crooks and save the lives of the innocent people in the organization.

hatt's off :hatsoffto you stories where you again raise the hope in woman saying never underestimate her....

take care....:thumbsup

pooja.

10. varalotti

Re: Pure presence of mind..nice story!

Dear Pooja,
    thanks again. When I was sitting in a theatre in 2005 with my brother and the screening of the movie was delayed by an hour, my brother told me about this incident - the medical expenses scam that happened in his company.
    I wrote out this story in two days and then it was published in Womans Era.
    That was a great quote from a great author.
    You saw about Bhavani here.. right, the Yamini of my new serial LA will only be a thousand times more powerful. Just wait and see.
    love,
    sridhar