1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

‎5 Best Hair Oils For You

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by brahan, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Sweety2012

Sweety2012 New IL'ite

Friends,

Can i mix Almond oil and Castor Oil together and apply. I have very thin hair and since these 2 oils help in hair growth wanted to apply both of them .

Please suggest.

Sweety,

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Sorry Sweety..I am not sure about that

3. ManjuSiva

ManjuSiva New IL'ite

Hi Greatfriend

I can understand your problem really well. I am sorry to know that you had to spend a lot of money and found no good results. Balanced diet is a good option, but we cannot say for sure whether we get all the essential vitamins and minerals daily.

My suggestion for you would be to start with a multivitamin and supplement it with biotin tablets (one a day, daily). Multi-vitamin is essential for everyone and biotin helps in hair growth. In my personal opinion, within 2 to 3 months of regular intake of both the tablets, reduced my hair fall to a great extend and even though I stopped using it, my hair fall is very very less compared to the time before taking biotin.

I too have dry scalp and itchiness. I am planning to use blue selsun shampoo, which was recommended to me by one of my friends. I will let you know, if I have good results.

All the best. Don't worry, definitely you will get a lot of good suggestions for IL friends.

ManjuSiva

4. sindhu705

sindhu705 New IL'ite

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> The method is
    U need 3 oils- 500 ml coconut oil, 150 ml gingelly oil(nallennai) and 50 ml castor oil(vizhakku ennai), for the first two, u need to foolw different procedure, then v need to mix all.
    Take 500 ml coconut oil, add (palingu karpooram, surul pattai, methi seeds, vettiver, nelli mulli)-U should not add more than 50 gms items for 500 ml oil. No need to boil, as if u boil coconut oil there wont be shelf life.
    Also take 150 gms gingelly oil, add (vendaya keerai, karisalanganni keerai, keelanelli keerai, ponnanganni keerai)-each handful, gring to coarse, then boil that with oil till there is less sound, mix this with that coconut oil, add 50 ml castor oil with this,
    Keep this in glass bottle in sun light for 20 days to 30 days. Herbal hair oil for all problems is ready.

5. kadalpura

kadalpura Silver IL'ite

Hey, what do you mean by palingu karpooram?

6. an123

an123 Bronze IL'ite

a combination of 3 parts coconut |+ 1 part almond + 1 part ssesame oil with amla, curry leaves and febugreek seeks is a potent formula

7. mikegriffoun

mikegriffoun New IL'ite

I have heard about Almond and coconut oil that they are very good for the better health of hair but never heard about rest of the oil. Thanks for the sharing this information in the thread.

8. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thank You all for the Tips

9. adititmehta

adititmehta Silver IL'ite

Yes, olive oil works wonders for your hair, especially if it is mixed with coconut oil for easy spreading and absorption

10. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

thanks for your informative post.

andal