1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

பாட்டி பழமொழிக்கதை

Discussion in 'Posts in Regional Languages' started by Rrg, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Thanks madam for your appreciation.
    I try to educate the children in our extended family the charm of Tamil proverbs by posting threads in our family forum. Our extended family is very big and spread all over the world and the family forum is the main vehicle for communicating not very urgent but important & interesting tidbits. Most of the children (all are almost over 30 and the senior most being 57) especially the younger lot, can only talk Tamil, that too with some funny accents. So I post them in English - one proverb at a time, explained with a story. They love it. They understand that in olden days proverbs were regularly used as a succinct way of communication.
    This is the least I could do in memory of my mother, the uncrowned queen of proverbs.
    I find, oflate, the children do attempt to use them while talking to elders which is nice.
    Ofcourse, at times using proverbs sounds very heavy on the reader, especially when they don’t understand what it means exactly.
    Thanks madam for sharing your views.
    Cheers

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::hello:பழகிய மொழியில்
    பாட்டி சொல்லும் கதைகள் உலகின் உண்மை.
    அருமையாக புனைந்தீர்
    வாழ்க தங்கள் தமிழ் பற்று.

3. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

தங்கள் பாராட்டுகளுக்கு நன்றி.
    தமிழ்ப் பழமொழிகளை உபயோகிப்பது வெகுவாக குறைந்து வருவது வருத்தப்பட வேண்டிய தொன்று. மேலும் பலர் தமிழ் பேச்சில் ஆங்கில சொற்களையும் பழமொழிகளையும் உபயோகப்படுத்துவது வேதனைக்குரியது. எனவே, இப்பழமொழிகளை பலரும் படித்துணரும் பொருட்டு இக்கதை முயற்சி செய்தேன். முயற்சி ஓரளவு வெற்றி என்றே தோன்றுகிறது.
    அன்புடன்,
    RRG

Thyagarajan likes this.