1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

தி.ஜாவும் நானும்.....!

Discussion in 'Posts in Regional Languages' started by AbhiSing, Jan 19, 2009.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

I will be a sinner if I do not start blogging about books and authors who have shaped me, disturbed me, consoled me, comforted me in the past and continue to do so ...!

நீண்ட பட்டியலில் என் முதல் பயணத்தை் தமிழிலும் தி. ஜா வுடனும் ஆரம்பிக்க விரும்புகிறேன்.
    தி. ஜா வின் எழுத்து அறிமுகம் முதலில் ஏற்பட்டபோது ஒரு 10 அல்லது 12 வயதிருக்கும் எனக்கு. ஆரம்பப்பள்ளி நடத்தி வந்த என் தாத்தா பாட்டி ஓய்வு பெற்று, பள்ளியும் மூடப்பட்டபின் என் கோடைக்கால விடுமுறை நாட்களின் பொக்கிஷம் என்னுயரம் இருந்த பெரிய பெட்டியும், கண்ணாடிக் கதவுகளுடைய 5 புத்தக அலமாரிகளும் தான். பலமுறை சாப்பிடக் கூப்பிட்டனுப்பியபின்பும் வேறு வழியி்ன்றி
    வீ ட்டிற்கு ஒரு புத்தகத்துடன் சென்று(ஓடி) அதில் ஒரு கண்ணும், தாலத்தில்(நெல்லைத் தமிழ்) ஒரு கண்ணுமாக விழுங்கியபின், பள்ளிக்கு ஓடிச் சென்று மூன்றாம் வகுப்பின் டீச்சர் நாற்காலியில் சாய்ந்து வாசித்த ஞாபகம் தடம் புரள்கிறது என்னுள்.
    அந்தக் கோடையின் மதியத்தில் தான் “மோகமுள் “ முதல் அறிமுகம். எழுத்தின் வித்தியாசம் உணர்ந்த அறிவுக்கு கதை புரியும் வயதில்லை. Enid Blytonனும், அட்லாஸ்ஸும் என்னை ஆக்ரமித்துக்கொண்டன. சில வருடங்கள் கழித்து என் ஊரின் நூலகத்தில் மறுபடியும் மோகமுள்ளை சந்தித்து, பாபுவும், யமுனாவும், கும்பகோணமும் பல மாதங்கள் என்னுடன் வாழ்ந்தனர். மோகமுள் திரைப்படத்தை, கால்வாசிக்குமேல் பார்க்க முடியாமல் தொலைக்காட்சி பெட்டியை அணைத்துவிட்டு இருளில் நடுநிசிக்கு அப்புறமும் புரண்டுகொண்டே கழிந்தது அந்த இரவு.
    அம்மணி, மரப்பசு, உயிர்தேன், அம்மா வந்தாள்

செம்பருத்தி... என ஒவ்வொன்றுும் அதிர்வலைகளை ஏற்படுத்தின. கும்பகோணத்தையும், தஞ்சையையும், காவிரியையும் பார்க்க வேண்டுமென்ற ஆவல் எல்லா தி. ஜாவின் வாசகரைப் போல என்னுள்ளும் கிளர்ந்தது. வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்து பார்த்தபோதோ.... பார்க்காமலேயே என் கற்பனைக் கும்பகோணத்துடனும், காவிரியுடனும் காலத்தை கழித்திருக்கலாமோ என்ற உணர்வு. லட்டில் இருக்கும் கிராம்பு பல்லில் கடிபட்டது போன்ற ஒரு அவஸ்தை!

போன வாரம் நூலகத்தில் இரவல் வாங்கிய ‘சிலிர்ப்பு’ –29 தேர்ந்தெடுத்த சிறுகதைகள், ஒவ்வொன்றிலும் கடைசி வரி சிலிர்ப்பை ஏற்படுத்தியது. அவைகளை எத்தனை முறை வாசித்தாலும் அலுக்கவில்லை எனக்கு. முதல் முறை ஏற்பட்ட மாதிரியே வயிறு குழைகிறது, கண்ணில் நீர் மல்க வைக்கிறது, நினைத்து நினைத்து விசும்ப வைக்கிறது. தி. ஜா மனிதர்களை நல்லவர், அல்லாதவர் எனப் பிரிக்க முயலாமல் நேசிக்கும் விதம் அசர வைக்கிறது. அவர் எழுதியுள்ள காலகட்டத்தில் பிறக்கவில்லையெனினும் அதை சுவைக்கும் அனுபவத்தை, தஞ்சை தமிழின் எள்ளலை, கொஞ்சலை, கெஞ்சலை அனுபவிக்க முடிகிறது.

தி. ஜாவின் வார்த்தைகளில், “ எனக்கே எனக்காக எழுதுவதைப் பற்றி என்ன சொல்ல முடியும்? காதலின் இன்பம், ஏக்கம், எதிர் பார்ப்பு, ஒன்றிப் போதல், வேதனை- எல்லாம் இதிலும் இருக்கின்றன”----- எழுதிய அவருக்கு மட்டுமல்ல, படிக்கும் நமக்கும் இந்த உணர்வே ஏற்படுகிறது.

எப்போது தி. ஜாவை நினைத்தாலும், படித்தாலும் என் மனதில் ஒரு பாடல் ஓடிக்கொண்டே இருக்கு்ம்--- இப்போதும்...!

“மௌனத்தில் விளையாடும் மனசாட்சியே..”

We are stopping here for refreshments, Dear All, why don't you share your favourite authors/writers here with me during this break? And feel free to drop your valuable comments on this journey with me so far...language is not a barrier.

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijee,

I dont know much about this author... I have read all Chandilyan historical novels and tamilvanan novels...

One tamil Novel which I loved reading during my school days was "Kadhavu"... I forgot the author name... It was real good...

I couldnt accept your views on Tanjore & Kumbakkonam... That means you have not gone there and enjoyed there... Those are nice places... You should enjoy there, staying there in a house... not staying in the hotel and running around...

Anyways...

Happy Blogging... You have started off great...

Veda

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your FB. Happy to see you here.

I have read most of Sandilyan's novels(who can forget Yavana Raani, Jala Deepam etc which push you into timemachine and carries you backwards) thanks to my appa but I am not familiar with Tamilvaanan. Definitely will come back with Sandilyan and me...soon:thumbsup

The Kathavu short story you have mentioned was by Ki. Raa(K. Raajanaarayanan) who has written the acclaimed Karisal kaatu kathaigal. The story though I have read many years ago was like this: The 2 kids of the house play with their door imagining that it is a bus. They also stick a picture on it and adore the door. One fateful day, the door happens to be taken away(Japthi) by the revenue people for some unpaid land/house tax. As it was a winter month, the baby of the house perishes due to the chill wind without the door. Then few months later the 2 children would see their door thrown against some wall in the village, infested by silverfish(karaiyan) and mud. The kids would clean the mud with their dress and hug it. (Is this the one you have mentioned) After reading the story I cried and felt guilty for having a safe and secured house and door.

There was also another story called Kathavu---by Tmt Kamala Sadagopan. It talks about the relational aspect of a husband and wife after marriage.(dont remember it clearly. It is a novel I think)

Regarding Tanjavur/Kumbakonam...I didnt like the reality because the way Thi. Jaa describes it, makes us to draw a picture and we will not like it if we start living in that imaginary place so long and the real place is different. And yes I have stayed in hotels only. No friends/relatives there to bring me to interior villages.

Thanks for your encouraging words.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hey vijee,

Welcome to the blogging section. reading tamil is difficult for me, so somehow have completed reading it.

Enjoyed walking with you and your books..

I have enjoyed sujatha's books and balakumaran too. Have met balakumaran some 16 years before, but would like to meet him now when he has matured into a better human being.

Regarding books that hit me hard where to start...will just join in your journey as a spectator...

Keep blogging

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your warm welcome and comments.
    I know that there would not be many takers, because of Tamil language but I wanted to put my first blog in Tamil only. (Living here makes me more clingy to the mother tongue :hide:) Also I feel more comfortable to explain Tamil reads in that language since I find it too difficult to put the appropriate words in English.

I like Balakumaran also. Gathering my memories about his writings for future Bala and me moments.:thumbsup Thinking of BalaKumaran reminds me of my College days.

Hahaha! yes he seems to be a matured human being than the earlier days but I like most of his writings old and new. Udaiyar- in the recent years, gave a new outlook on Tanjai periya Koil and the era. Previously my imaginations about the era were based on Kalki's Ponniyin Selvan (I dont go deep into the historical contraversies. I just enjoy the books.) History buffs:wink: hopefully will have to forgive me.

Knowing your reading habit I know it is a long list but we will benefit too if you can share some. (Though you have done it already in various threads)

Thanks again Shan. Your presence here makes me happy.

6. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

viji,
    i love reading tamil novels , balakumaran, ramani chandran& rajesh kumar.if u get a chance ,pls visit tanjore & kumbakonam...nice to enjoy all temple.

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijee,

The story I was referring to is about a family... it talks about husband and wife after marriage... It is not the first one as you have mentioned...

Next time you plan to go to these areas, plan to stay with somebody... so that you can enjoy the real village scenery...

All the Best...

Veda

8. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

அன்புள்ள திருமதி விஜி அவர்களுக்கு,
    தலைப்பினால் ஈர்க்கப்பட்டு உள்ளே நுழைந்தேன்.
    நானும் தி.ஜாவால் பாதிக்கப்பட்டவன், நீங்கள் சொன்ன புத்தகங்கள் அனைத்தையும் பேறு பெற்றவன் என்பதை முதலில் இங்கே பதிவு செய்து கொள்ளவிரும்புகிறேன்.
    ஆங்கிலத்திலும் தமிழிலும் அனைத்து எழுத்தாளர்களையும் கற்றுத் தேர்ந்த என் நண்பன் சொன்னான், 'தி.ஜா. தமிழ்நாட்டின் சாமர்செட் மாம்.'
    'அடப் போடா ரசனையில்லாதவனே, சாமர்செட் மாமை வேண்டுமானால் இங்கிலாந்தின் தி.ஜா. என்று சொல், உனக்காக ஒத்துக் கொள்கிறேன்' என்று நான் கொக்கரிக்கும் அளவிற்கு தி.ஜா. என் மனதிற்குள் உட்கார்ந்து மணியடித்துக் கொண்டிருந்தார்.
    பின்னொரு சமயம் தமிழில் என் சிறுகதை ஒன்று விகடனில் வந்து (புலி என்று நினைக்கிறேன்) எல்லோரும் பாராட்டிய போது, ஒரு நண்பர் உற்சாகமிகுதியில், 'உங்களில் தி.ஜா.வைக் காண்கிறேன்' என்று பிதற்றினார்.
    நான் கன்னத்தில் போட்டுக் கொண்டேன். நடிக்க வருகிறேன் என்று வரும் அனைவரிடமும் சிவாஜியின் பாதிப்பு இருக்கும். அதே போல் எழுத வரும் அனைவரிடமும் தி.ஜா.வின் பாதிப்பு இருக்கும் - அதாவது அவர் தி.ஜாவின் எழுத்துக்களைப் படிக்கும் பேறு பெற்றிருந்தாள்.
    விஜி, அம்மா வந்தாளை வைத்து நீங்கள் தனியாக ஒரு கட்டுரையே எழுதலாம்.
    இனிய நினைவுகளை இனிதாகத் தூண்டிவிட்டதற்கு நன்றி.
    வாழ்க வளமுடன்
    என்றும் அன்புடன்
    வரலொட்டி ரெங்கசாமி

9. dhivya rangarajan

dhivya rangarajan Bronze IL'ite

Vijee,

it was scintillating to read your tamizh. Brought me back memories of days going through my fathers cupboard - and reading his books in the terrace, sitting on the water tank, and just lying there looking at the sky, fascinated by words and living in those worlds.

I regret i haven't read thi. ja, but my earliest books was sandilyan and sujatha.

To be honest, i somehow feel that sandilyan brings down the spotlight on plot with irrelevant romance scenes. well, this i felt after reading kalki. Historic novel writing belongs to kalki. I have read ponniyin selvan, sigamiyin sabadham, parthiban kanavu, kalvanin kadhali and many many more of his books, so mnay times. My favourite is Sivagamiyin Sabadham.

Oh how i miss my books... This time when i visit home, i am going to bring them all....

Thank u for the great blog, vijee..
    looking forward to read more...

10. dhivya rangarajan

dhivya rangarajan Bronze IL'ite

i especially loved that krambu in the laddu...

wow!