1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My First...........

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knot2share, Nov 23, 2009.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much Saswati for your kind and encouraging words. I am glad you enjoyed my write up.

2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Congrats.Nice writeup.Like you, I am also picking up many firsts' in a foreign land.But it is embrassing,but fun at times.Do continue writing.Enjoyed thorougly.

3. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

excellent first hand experiences in your own sweet words.

1. mums tears could have been aananda kanneer or for the s-in-law - the difficult times he's going to have......kidding.

2. you saved the words - you know that there is a PAAVAM waiting to listen to you for the rest of his life....kidding again.

3. is it more amazing than the vanity case you carry?

4. i haven't heard your accent and i don't remember our school days interactions, but your writing style is simple and very much enjoyable. if i had wanted to write these simple things you have written here, i couln't have and all the more definitely couldn not have made it so interesting....not kidding for sure.

5. that was a humble confession and PAAVAM might vouch for it even now...kidding again.

6. that next time has never stopped i suppose.....

7. first was the AAN KAANAL and we wish you engage yourself with many more firsts, so that we can keep enjoying your write up if not your burnt food..............

if i am around then ILITES will read about your FIRST MURDER or rather second murder beacuse PAAVAM is already a victim of all sorts & tantrums.......

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Kanaka, Thank you very very much for the wishes. I enjoyed writing it too as it brought back some sweet memories and laughs.

Dear Senior, :) What a surprise to see you here! Thanx. I have to say that indamathiri twisted logic thinking panra orey person is you. I loved your comments and I am soo tempted to ask mum if she did shed those tears for me or for hubby's kashtakalams...heheheh.....You have a point about the vanity case. I have also wondered about that. Our school days interactions ?? Appadi oru sambhavam nadanthathey ille. I was a Paavam too those days you know. That is why notice pannaley neenge :). Smoked food is still a very much happening thing but frequency koncham less ayidthhu :hide:. I think hubby now feels out of sorts when he gets to eat normal/unsmoked food .... hehehe... Very sweet of you to appreciate the post and the writing style. You are welcome anytime to taste my exotic creations from my kitchen.... Ippodikki I spare you!

5. Indulekha

Indulekha Junior IL'ite

My dear shreekutty,

Such a wonderful wirte up..brought back so many good memories..

you really have that flair for narrating..looking forward for more..

God bless you and lots of love to you dear

Indu

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Indu
    Thank you so much da and ishtapettu ennarinjadil valare valare sandosham.
    Thank you very much for your wishes too.

7. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Hi shree!
    just read your post. (I was out of town..hence late FB). Wonderful!! It is always nice to read your post/blog. I normally dont miss. Once again you proved you are a good writer. All the best.
    manjula

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Manjula. No worries about late feedbacks or even no feedbacks :). I am happy that you cared enough to read through and on top of that you liked it too!

9. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

@ k2s

I have decided to find the time to read at least one post everyday. Today I landed on yours. The first thing that impressed me was the neatness of your style and the virtual absence of errors of composition. I always like reading such pieces. They show that the author had spent time or at least thought composing the work.

You make your simple first experiences sound most interesting. This is always the sign of a good writer, one who can extract meaning out of mundane events. You made them sound interesting.

You also reminded me of my funny first travel experience away from India. I was about to board an Air France plane from Calcutta and the steward stood at the entrance to the aircraft. I was nervous, it being my first trip to a destination outside India. The steward smiled at me and said something that I couldn't follow. I was worried and scared you see about what was coming up. So, I stammered and said to him, "I beg your pardon?" His smile broadened and he replied, "I said, Good Evening!" :rotfl

Regards.

oj

10. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Nomashkar OJji

I am absolutely delighted to see you here. Thank you so much for the visit and I feel lucky that it was the turn of my post to make you stop and read. Very kind of you to appreciate the writing and honestly I am learning a lot by reading different posts here on IL posted by some fantastic writers who have a great command over the language. It is beautiful to be able to write so effortlessly. I have not read many of your posts here as I am relatively new to IL. But the couple I have managed to read were awesome.

A funny first flight experience indeed from you! Thank you for sharing.

Please take care.