Fear of Birth....Need advice

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by kanmani, Oct 7, 2006.

1. sree3

sree3 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Educated Illiterates!!!

Hi Psyche…good to hear from you. hell no :-D , thankfully my wife is not delivering at that hospital, these two cases happened to happen about 2 yrs ago (am sure this is a daily thing, not just once in a while or with one out of many customers who take their services), while my wife was a house surgeon there. On a side note hope you guys are doign good.

“if you have ever been to one of these places you will realize that you might be treated better simply coz you are educated and can raise a fuss or coz you are considered to be one of them (the better's)”

What you said here…is truly true Psyche. Really “the better’s” ! It all comes down to what Deepa has asked out of everybody. These idiots know very well what to do when and with whom, to save their necks. As always, there are exceptional cases, I bet you where these do not bother about behaving humane to anybody(just because they are “head”/’senior’ in what ever role they are nurse or duty doctor). The nurse that I cited in my example was one such git. My wife got that answer from dutydoctor for advising the nurse to be more professional and humane :)

Hi Enlightened…poor friend of yours…hope she’s familiar with the concept of boomer angle. So the nurse in discussion would have already or will eventually receive the surprise :) and in the mean time if we do not want anybody else to suffer, its better that Deepa’s advise is followed.

“Poor girl said that she dint know what to do and simply did as she was asked to....”
    Quite understandable, I hear you would not even have strentgth to argue/ raise a point.

Hi Deepa. You are cent percent right.

“Take the trouble to write in a piece of paper and send it to the authorities.”
    whoa…that’s not “trouble” Deepa. How about “take the ‘responsibility’?”

About your frined’s case Deepa, well…blood boils is what I can say. Poor Lady.

One thing is that, our target is the group below a certain threshold income level or education level. Reason: People who are educated enough (and using internet in this case), are quite aware of such rights and existence of educators. Moreover, from what I heard these things happen with people from the other category, who are not educated enough as Psyche had observed too (of course they are way educated than these conscience-less educated folk that I mentioned in my former post). hmm thinking of a way to increase the awareness among the group…mass media?? 50-50, not every body will have television sets/ media medium. tough :), also there is the shortage of grants.

Sorry if I came out too strongly but its so difficult to convince many women that you have the power , to have a birth the way you want.”

Hey thanks, that was awesome. Very true, it’s a difficult task “Convincing/asking to stand up”, by the by…I was a “rebel” at school, won’t waste space by detailing my example here, but I had a great difficulty convincing others at school, not to serve the ridiculous fancies of a professor. Succeeded in showing the professor his place and who he cannot be messing with and the consequences if he did, but failed to convince the “others” to protest, eventually got there too except for few hopeless cases. so I understand it :mrgreen:

true bottom line is , write to the concerned people, not bothering whether or not it will be taken care of (when you have no direct control over the issue), that way we are doing good to our conscience :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  2. Uma Shakthi

Uma Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Re: "Passport to a Healthy Pregnancy" - book written by Dr Gita Arjun

Hi Friends,

Are you having any idea where we can get this book in chennai?

Thanks a lot

3. cute teddy

cute teddy Bronze IL'ite

Please answer

Hi friends,

I am 9 weeks pregnant... and duringt my first visit to Dr. she told me i have some yeast infection (that time i was 7 weeks pregnant) and advised me some tablets.... i was not sure if i suppose tot ake them after 10 weeeeks so i called her yesterday ornign n she otld me to take them and prenantal tablets....

And taking the secone dose of yeast infevtion i Vomited twice and after sometime my husband noticed some lil blood clots on my whole face
    i m really worried i dont know wht happened to me i called the dr n she told me it was a side effect from the tablet .

has anyone come accross this problem
    will this go or stay on my face
    i m really really worried please reply me back asap....
    Thnks

4. AparnaVijay

AparnaVijay New IL'ite

You can get it in landmark :thumbsup

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Uma,
    You can get it in EV Kalyani medical center, Mylapore which is run by Dr. Gita Arjun too!

6. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,
    I met up with her last week.
    You can get this book from Landmark also.
    It is a very useful book and a must read ............

7. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

How much is this priced ladies?
    I have seen her interviews in kumudam.com and it was just wonderful. She explained every little thing and it was pleasure watching the show.
    I would definitely want to buy this book once I get pregnant :)

8. mahllaniey87

mahllaniey87 New IL'ite

worry to give birth

Halo everyone..:wave

Im now 33 week of pregnant lady, im quite fat person, is it any trouble to give my first baby normal delivery? And also im just 22 years of old and im scary to give birth, is it so pain??? im really worried to think of my delivery time...:confused2:

9. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

Re: worry to give birth

About pain, I am not scaring you, but it is indeed painful. For me, it was way above my expectation ;-) ut the moment you see your little ones face, you will forget every pain. Even yesterday my husband was teasing me. He was telling me one moment I was screaming at the top of my voice and the next moment I was very calm cuddling my baby.

I didnt use epidural. After 4cm dilation, it took me 14 hrs I used breathing techniques, TENs machine and gas and air. In fact towards the end, I managed through breathing only. And the most help I got was from my husband. He did all the breathing with me, gave me drinks in between, had cashew nuts, badam and dates for me every time, and encouraged me throughout telling how strong girl I am (tears rolling down my eyes now ;-))

I can only say, that was the most wonderful time of my life. Wish you good luck!

Dont worry dear, enjoy your labour.

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Re: worry to give birth

if i were to rate giving birth on the range of 1-10 whr 10 was the max pain, i wld say the last couple of hours were 10 yes...
    giving birth is probably the most tiring, and painful tasks u wld ever hv to perform in ur life, but i believe the result is equally rewarding.

i dont want to give u sugar coated talks that its going to be a breeze, no it wasnt for me atleast.
    i was in labour for 10 hours without pain medication, then underwent suction which didnt work out, and finally ended up in a c section, but trust me, wen u are in labour and moreso wen u hv given birth , and taking care of the lil one, strength just comes from within.... thats how women are designed i guess...

after having episiotomy and c section, i was able to feed my daughter within 1.5 hours after birth... and was up on my feet within 6 hours....so yes strength just does come to u.... :)

just relax and enjoy ur pregnancy, let the delivery worries be kept for the d day, i am sure u will do great!

and yeah, irrespective of u being overweight, u can very much hv a normal delivery....

i hv undergone a section, and trust me , it isnt so bad at all as people make it sound.... u will do great momma :)