1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are we ready to adopt

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by Vanichopra, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Vanichopra

Vanichopra New IL'ite

Hi all,

Well when we are talking of adoption, first of all we all must realize that there is difference between speech & deed. I mean its easy to talk big, its easy to say gud things about adoption but how many of us are capable of actually giving our love, affection & care to the adopted child. Are to able to treat & love him/her the same way we care for our children? Most of us adopt a child when we are left with no other option. That is when due to medical or some other reasons, we can't have our own child. That may seem harsh but that is the truth. If we have our own child we almost never think of adopting a baby. And even if anyone thinks of it, we are not able to give our 100%. Thats my view. In my opinion we should first think with cool mind & then take a decision on adoption rather than in hurry. I would like to invite ur views on the same

Thanks & Regards

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Vani

for people who already have a child, if they plan to adopt.....I dont think they need any further preparations on how to raise the baby...finally adoption is just a process / word...finally our love towards the baby wont change....we treat both biologically ours and the adopted the same....as per society they might be addressed a bit different..

for people who couldnt have a biological child and are planning to adopt....there are agencies and training and counselling sessions which one can attend before they actually get the baby....

all this depends on how interested are the parents / person who wwants to adopt the baby....interest is what drives us to learn, explore and prepare ourselves for anything new....in life

3. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

Hi vani,
    I go with u. since adoption is more of our selfishness. Jus highlightin the same point u mentioned that only wen parents r biologically challenged they think of adoption.
    May b one in a million r interested in adoption by not giving importance to society. For example,celebrities like Brad Pitt n Angelina Jolie have taken a positive step by adopting kids. Hats off to this lovely couple!! :cheers

4. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Everyone is self fish in some way...there are so many parents who abuse their own children ....so i guess adoption being a sensitive issue,i don't want to use the word selfishness. I know many couples who live without kids....even after adopting a child the parents have to face all lot of questions proposed by the society...if the parents r selfish they wouldn't risk all these...

5. SBRB

SBRB New IL'ite

hi guys,
    the adopting parents might be called "selfish" but i guess an even bigger quality that they have is STRENGTH.
    they have to be really strong.............and its all because of our so called "moralistic society" that is ready to see a child begging on the street but not being cared for and loved by a nice set of adopting parents.........
    we are also planning to adopt and hope that by god's grace it should materialise soon and believe you me, there are a thousand questions that keep storming my mind.........but most importantly i keep praying to god to give me strength to take the right decision........for the baby and for us!!!!!!!!!
    and in today's world, either ways there is no way of telling how ur kids are going to grow up!!!!!!!!i keep telling my husband that whether biological or adopted, all children have to follow their own lives and careers once they grow up.......so why keep bothering about the future????????
    and talking of selfishness, dont you think couples who plan to start their family are also selfish in a way-------they are also planning to raise kids who will take care of them in old age!!!!!!!!!!that is the underlying concern in everyone's mind!!!!!!!

6. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

Yes rightly said..that is what even i was meaning in my reply. If having a biological kid is not selfsh then adopting kid is also not selfish..please do not use that word...selfish. Instead encourage ....

7. lesasue86

lesasue86 New IL'ite

Nowadays celebrities have started this trend of adopting children, this initiative has bough many changes in the society as a whole, as how people perceive.