1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Are you a Isha yoga Volunteer? - For good living, be with us

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sgayathrii, Apr 25, 2008.

1. ezhilvanan

ezhilvanan New IL'ite

hai vanakam mapi h r u? enga alaiyay kanom my id add pannu machiee, then isha yoga na enna pa,plz explain i would like 2 join any yoga class.:bowdown:bowdown

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
  2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Nice Post GayathriBow

I some how seems to have missed this post..Nice explanation of the isha yoga. thank you for posting.:thumbsup

3. kiki2009

kiki2009 New IL'ite

HI
    I'm from Germany and looking for Isha Groups in Germany. I attended the Inner Engineering Program in Washington D.C. this September and would like to know if the monthly volunteer meetings are hold in Germany too or if the next would be really England.
    Hope to get some answers.

Regards,

Kiki

4. ezhilvanan

ezhilvanan New IL'ite

hai hr u?what happed u no reply from u?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  5. Daisycutter

Daisycutter New IL'ite

Some people are saying ISSHA yoga is a cult .....??

6. sallyj

sallyj New IL'ite

There are deceptions and contradictions within and about isha.

1. There are many unresolved questions about Vij's death and the documented charges against sjv for murdering her. sjv never responded to the charges and they remain outstanding.
    2. The is no proof of sjv's claim that there is solidified mercury inside the dhyanalingham.
    3. sjv claims that he can simultaneously, of his own superhuman abilities, heal his broken bones and cure his asthma, both simultaneously in just over an hour's time.
    4. In the past he said emphatically that yoga can only be transmitted personally, in the physical presence of the guru and can not be taught by t.v., mail, online or in any other way. He said yoga is an energy transmission from the guru to the disciple and required that the guru and disciple be physically present with each other. Yet, the isha yoga classes were then taught by teachers, without sjv's presence, and, now they are taught by sjv's design. Quite a change from his previous admonishments.
    5. sjv claims that he designed the dhyanalingam and that his volunteers built it. However, there is documentation that the temple was designed and built by people from Auroville.
    6. sjv claims that he was enlightened 3 lifetimes ago and that the only yoga training he had in this lifetime was hatha yoga learned from muladahali (sp?) swami when he was approximately age 12. He claims that other than that he has had no yoga training in this lifetime and has not read any of the scriptures. He claims that the yoga he teaches comes from within him and from his inate knowledge of life / creation. However, there are many accounts on the internet of people who state definitively that he was trained by Rishi Prabhakar and used to assist with teaching Rishi Prabhakar's classes of SSY. Which makes sense because when I researched SSY I find that it is almost exactly the same as isha yoga. And in the beginning, isha yoga was called sahaj sthithi yoga. And, curiously enough, there is another guru in South India, Guru Data something, that teaches his yoga called sahaj sthithi yoga, and, it is exactly the same as isha yoga. And, curiously, SSY, isha yoga and the other sahaj sthithi yoga taught by Guru Data all use the exact same language to describe the techniques of kriya and meditation. The exact same words in almst the exact same sentence order. So, it seems that sjv's claim to being a sadhguru (which according to him means he is an uneducated guru, not formally educated in the spiritual sciences) is not true at all.
    I was involved in isha for many years and finally awoke to the fact that sjv is a liar at best and probably a criminal or a murderer at worst. He is no guru and he can't transmit yoga as he says. Certainly, he's a charlatan and a fraud.
    People are averse to being deceived. That's not a flaw or imperfection that needs to be eliminated or purified. It's healthy. Don't get caught up in this mess.

7. ezhilvanan

ezhilvanan New IL'ite

who is liveing with awearnes all blindd peoples