International Schools in Singapore

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by akalyaraju, Sep 6, 2007.

1. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

Re: Best Indian school in singapore

Hi Manjari,

Welcome to singapore. We also relocated to sg from sharjah in Jan. DPS is in Kovan near Hougang. There is a detailed thread on schools in the same forum so kindly go through it before deciding.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  2. manjiri

manjiri New IL'ite

Hi!
    I have some queries about education ,cost of living.
    My daughter is in grade 5 ,here in DPS .
    Is Quality of education is good as compared to Sharjah?
    or Is Quality of education is same as that Of India.
    what home appliances or kitchen appliances should i bring from here ?
    Is nonstick utensils and glassware is chaeper than UAE?
    pl , tell me ur suggestions regarding this .

what are the items or things to buy from sharjah?

pl ,help me:drowning

waiting for ur reply

Regards

MANJIRI

3. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

Hi Manjiri,

I can totally understand all ur dbts in relocating. I dont know whether i can help you in clarifying all ur dbts anyways it goes like this ......

My DD is in a singapore school so no idea abt the indian schools...

Cost of living is definitely high here since we have the concept of TAX which is not there in the gulf. It will be a shock for a couple of mnths but then eventually u will get used to it by proper budget and planning. The major boon is the public transport(u dont have to depend on ur hubby to transport u around like in the gulf) so u lose something and gain something...

Regarding bringing things frm there if u can bring boxes along with u within the allowed baggage pls do otherwise the best thing is to buy here. We sent around 8 boxes by air cargo and had to pay hefty fine here since we collected our boxes few days after its arrival and if u calculate the amount we spent for the cargo transfer,fine etc and the value of the items in the boxes it is not worth at all. so avoid the mistake cause everything is available here.

Hope it helps u dear...

4. manjiri

manjiri New IL'ite

hello!
    Thanks for ur valuable advise.

regards

Manjiri

5. chatoos

chatoos New IL'ite

Re: A new indian international school in Jurong

Hi Poorni,Suja and all

I had been to Yuva bharathi international school for my brother's son ( recently moved from dubai to singapore) admission and was able to clear some of our friends' doubts.

1.Academics will start from april 2010. There is an orientation program from Jan 2010(optional).

2.As for cbse approval --- They have approval till 10th.Which means they have approval for 1 to 5th also.I saw a lot of parents raising this issue with her and she showed the approval papers to them.

3.The Principal 'looks' young but she has a doctorate in education and has been in this field for almost 15 years.I found her enterprising and spoke with confidence.It seems they have a group of schools in coimbatore for more than 35 years. Looks like basically they are from educational service. Hence, assume , teaching staffs shudnt be a problem for them.

Overall i had a good feeling when i was there. We have also registered for my bro's son.Let's see how they perform.

All the best !

gaya3.

:thumbsup

6. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

Re: A new indian international school in Jurong

Thank you gaya3.

7. UPS

UPS New IL'ite

One can try NPS International School, if you want your Kids to be ROBOTS and not students...I have heard from many that their teachers are not upto the mark, mostly poached from other schools. Its run more like a hostel than a school. choice is yours...just a word to advise to fellow parents.

8. Rashi19

Rashi19 New IL'ite

Hi
    I am Rashi.I have two kids aged 8 and 4.We recently moved in to Singapore.I was looking for a good Indian school for them. After a lot of survey we found NPS was better than the other two schools.But after reading UPS's opinion we have second thoughts now.As you said I dont want my kids to be mere robots.Kindly if you could elaborate on this it would be a great help.I heard there is one more school Yuvabharathi in Jurong. If anybody knows about this one do write about it.
    Thanx

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  9. momofboys

momofboys New IL'ite

Rashi,
    I am not sure what kind of survey or how many you had surveyed for this decision...But sometimes surveys fails to guide us ...This is my personal experience...
    Actually, I am also new to Singapore and have a 7 yr old boy.
    After careful consideration, I decided on DPS, and I must say that both myself and my son are happy with this decision...
    I wanted to share this in this forum because I was also reading this thread before I made a decision and most of the posts were general, nothing specific or personal..
    So, based on my personal preferences, I chose DPS...
    jus my 2 cents...

10. Rashi19

Rashi19 New IL'ite

Hi Momofboys,
    Rashi here! My survey was that I spoke to many of my friends whose kids are already studying in this school.They all gave me a very negative opinion about the school.Since I have been in the teaching profession from past 7 years I checked with their books and was disappointed.I have visited the school also and was not at all happy with the infrastructure.So I am not considering DPS at all. Anyways opinions differ.Thanks a lot for the feedback.