availability of indian cooking utensils

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Abu Dhabi' started by Ranjee, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Ranjee

Ranjee New IL'ite

Hi ! I will be moving to Abu Dhabi next week and would like to know whether i need to bring these utensils from india or whether they are available there at a reasonable rate!
    Idli Maker
    Prestige pressure cooker
    murukku press
    appam chatti
    Thank you

2. nandinibabu

nandinibabu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ranjee..

welcome to Abudhabi and the Indusladies too..regarding utensils u can buy everything from here, including what all you mentioned above..but the prices are little high compared to india..if it is not a problem then you can buy here it self..mixi grinder everything is available here..

3. faai

faai New IL'ite

hi :welcometo abudhabi.......

all the things u mentioned above r available in most of the supermarkets, no need to carry from there, the prices r little high .....but these utensils r so heavy that if u buy all this from there , then u will not able to bring anything else.....so better buy it from here!

4. jils

jils Bronze IL'ite

regarding utensils ..........you get everything here ,
    but not very satisfactory ... i feel the quality of vessels is little low as compared to what we get in india .

i have never found a good murukku press yet ......

you will get good appam chatti and pressure cooker

like someone previously mentioned , if you get utensils then you will not be able to get anything else

so get thats really important , buy only few and necessary utensils and during your next visits to india you can get more

5. nandinibabu

hi jils,

you can get murukku press in kalidiya lulu..its good also..did you checked there or not?!..even i saw the chappathi press also there..

6. jezz_nish

jezz_nish Senior IL'ite

hi
    you dont have to carry of any of those untensils,u can easily purchase them at lulu hypermarket(al wahda and khalidiya mall),or at fathima supermarket.

jess

7. jils

jils Bronze IL'ite

nandini i have checked in all lulu s ...... the screw type is available
    i want the other one .... the pressing kind

moreover , these leave black stain on the mix you put in
    esp in aluminium or steel one
    is there a way to get rid of this ?
    (washing alone doesnt help)

8. nandinibabu

Hi jils,

sorry ya!, i don't know the differences of screw type and pressing type of murukku maker..but i have bought one from india(which is also pressing type) which has screw at the back, so that we can change the shapes according to our tastes..mine is aluminium..hope you understood :)..

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  9. jils

jils Bronze IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cmkm%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="Edit-Time-Data" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cmkm%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_editdata.mso"><!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" style='width:90pt; height:108pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\mkm\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.png" o:title=""/> </v:shape><![endif]-->
    <!--[endif]-->
    hi nandini ,
    this is just for your information :

the first one in the picture is what i was talking about

which is readily available in stores

the second type is the one you have .

anyways next time i visit india i will look for a good murukku press <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" style='width:105pt;height:69.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\mkm\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image003.png" o:title=""/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->

Attached Files:

• mu.doc
      File size:
      316 KB
      Views:
  10. nandinibabu

Dear Jils,

i got it now..anyway both are available in kalidiya lulu.. thanks for the picture..:)