1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Dryness

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by shubhasiddharth, Sep 16, 2009.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

The hot mist ones are the ones you use during sickness. I only use hot mist in the winter for humidification and I like to use VaporSteam additive when I am sick. The cool mist ones can get stuff in the water (like algae) and lot of them leave a dust on furniture etc from the impurities in the tapwater. My logic on steam ones is the water since evaporated is safer.

2. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

3. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

We went to walgreens thinking of getting a vicks humidifier.But ended up buying the one which walgreens has. Its a steam humidifier and works like a charm.All thats needed is some water in it and if needed, additional drops of eucalyptus oil and it starts letting out the steam.I am more than happy to have got this.

4. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

shubha,yeah the vicks humidifier is good,specialy when you have a cold or otherwise,i am also using this other humidifier that i got from costco called germ gaurdian it came with an air purifier too...its amazing no filters,so no mould,just have to clean the tank&fill it with water,it can be used as cold or warm....and the air purifier is just a small device that can be plugged in anywhere&it fights bacteria&mould in the air.