"Women realy cant keep secrets" a new study revealed!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by viveka, Sep 17, 2009.

1. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

Dear Indus"LADIES"

Women really can't keep a secret: Gossip will be shared in just 47 hours | Mail Online

This news report has been doing the rounds and raking a lot of blah since morning!
    That someone actually commissioned such a study.
    That the study involved 3000 women.
    That they timed 47 hours and 15 mins as the typical time to "spill the beans".

Even, our local FM classic music channels' RJ asked women to sms in!!

Do you believe that keeping confidence is a gender thing? That women are sieves and men close knit??

I believe that ability to keep a secret has no gender bias.. Male or female, some can, some cant.

I can and do keep secrets. What say you?

2. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Viveka ......Nice one.

Really? Is it a gender based thing? Did not hear about this.

I don't know about myself regarding that. It depends on the type of secret I guess.... I have friends who confide in me and it is not hard for me to be a brick wall for all their secrets.
    But in general I consider myself talkative so some people may think I might blurt out something confidential too but poor souls don't know that those are deep down buried in me and no chance for them to escape through my mouth. I can talk from kings to cabbages but if anyone tries to judge me by that then they will be utterly disappointed. Though I am extremely social and outspoken but at the same time I am more 'selectively introvert' if ever that term exists.:crazy
    Only my best buddies know what I mean.

Anyway, nice thread. Curious to know what others say.

Adara

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  3. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

hi adara!
    cool response! i suppose you have a point that talkative people could lead to assumptions they cant keep a confidence. I would say that "judicious in what you talk about" suits you better than "selectively introvert". one should be talkative as well as be a good listener, to enjoy their conversations.

4. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi

Nice .... But I don't think it is a gender issue. It is just a personal judgement issue.

veen

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

why waste money researching about it.

they could have asked me ;-)

6. vishy

vishy Bronze IL'ite

Hi Viveka

Interesting post.

Women are good keepers of their own secrets but when it comes to other's secrets... God only knows:biglaugh

7. shahanakhan

shahanakhan New IL'ite

Hey... That's not right!!! I can keep secrets forever. I know many secrets of my family and friends that I have never revealed to anyone. I am a woman and can keep secrets.

So, this is study is not exactly right.

8. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

Hi veen:
    Yes, we are on the same page. keeping a secret has no gender links..

9. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

hi nandshyam:
    we seem to agree that it was a waste of research funding. so, you believe that women cant keep secrets? wondering which side of the fence you are on...

10. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

thanks vishy.

A "secret" indicates something that has to remain hidden to qualify being called that :) . everyone has some secrets to keep at some point in their lives - their own secrets or those of others...
    you have doubts whether females can keep other people's secrets. what are your views about the men keeping confidence?

ps: i was amused to hear our english FM channel 2 RJ also debate this issue and read at length from the reports.. with all our 24X7 news coverage, anything and everything is newsworthy and discussed ad nauseum...