1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce Belly Fat

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by asirabanu, Jun 18, 2005.

1. meenzhere@hotmail.com

meenzhere@hotmail.com New IL'ite

Reduce tummy after pregnancy

Dear Friends
    I'm new to this board.
    It looks great and nice to meet u all through this board.
    I was pregnant and had a c-section.
    I had a big tummy after that and it was reduced to some extent by itself.
    Now i have some big tummy left and i 'm eating okay to breastfeed.
    Without affecting the breastfeed, is there any exercise or any diet to reduce my tummy soon. I want to get back my small tummy and small hips ....
    Also my tummy looks like a torn sack with black stretch marks and skin is wrinkled very much. I want to get my normal skin back too.
    Any ideas friends, pl. suggest...
    I'm waiting to reduce it and be back with my routine shape and do my works...

Thanks and Regards
    Menaka

2. lakshmisuresh12

lakshmisuresh12 New IL'ite

Hi,
    First of all Welcome to the forum......
    And regarding your tummy, it is a common problem and nothing much can be done in this regard
    Excercise will help you to a great extent........
    I too had that problem in the begining, but now my tummy has reduced to a great extent....
    Regarding the stretch marks and scars, you will have to consult a dermitologist for best results......Don't go for any sort of dieting now, coz it may effect your breast feeding.....
    Did you not use any stretch nill cream during your pregnancy?
    Regards

3. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Hi,
    I tried out this kapal bhati for past 2 days, and have a few doubts. I feel only the upper abs. [muscles just below rib cage] are being used ----- is there any such equally effective yogic exercise for reducing lower abs. I've got a band of 'plumpy area', just below the navel --after a caesarean delivery. Any specific workout for that area ? Does the back ache a bit while doing this kapal bhati ? Can it be done frequently during the day [like while watching TV, going in the car, folding clothes etc.] or only early morning on empty stomach ?
    Appreciate any advise,
    KK.

4. swku_2000

swku_2000 New IL'ite

hi

Dear Kute Kiddo,

Kapaal bhaati will work on both your lower and upper abs. Its really effective, but you need to do it regularly to see the results. You should do kapaal bhaati in empty stomach or atleast after 4 hours of having food. You need to sit and do this exercise, and you can sit on a aasan or even on a chair. If you sit on a aasan you can take a back support while doing the aasan, like you can sit taking the support of a wall. Never over exert yourself, do the exercise only till you dont feel exhausted and breathless. I would suggest not to do this aasan while driving, folding clothes, etc. It wont help. Yes you can always do it while watching tv. Dont exceed to more than 15 minutes in 1sitting. It is best to do it once a day for 10 minutes. I feel this is the best yoga to reduce tummy till date.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2005
  5. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

kapal bhati

hi kiddo
    i just read ur message and thought to suggest u.
    yeah ,u have to do this exercise empty stomach as per my knowledge.(actually my mum is also watching ramdev baba's program and she told me this).
    u can do this in morning .but also can do in evenings(if u have't eaten something for approx. 5 hours after lunch).
    i will feel happy if it can help u.
    bye
    sonia

6. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Thanks for replying swati & sonia. Your messages have firmed my mind to do it more regularly now. Do you know of any similar effective yoga for the hips -- the 'love handles' on the sides ; that's another area where the weight is rather stubborn ....

7. Hemlata

Hemlata New IL'ite

Hi To All

I Am A New Member Just Read The Tips On Reducing Weight From Tummy Which Is My Great Concern Too.i Agree Excercising And Dieting Can Really Help But What If Your Routine Is So Tight Where Tou Cannot Do Excercise Regularly (either Due To Family Responsibilities Or Due To Laziness Sometimes)? How About Using Some Of The Ideas Given By Teleshopping Products Like Sauna Belts? Please Share With Me If Anyone Has Tried And Have Got Some Results.

Regards,
    Ha

8. Hemlata

Hemlata New IL'ite

Hi Amudha

Thanks for the weight reduing tips. In simple way you have really made me realise that it is my willpower and excuses that can make me reduce my weight. Thanks once again. I must modify my routine from today only.
    Regards
    HA

9. akku

akku New IL'ite

weight reducing tips

hi everyone,
    am a new member of this site.Recently i got mail regarding weight reducing,but that was in a document form.I don't know how to attach a document here.So checked their site:http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~jaju/health/GeneralMotorsDiet.html.

plz reply if u got this page.

or else check in google:GM diet plan.

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Akku,

Welcome to IL. I looked into the site u have given, it is useful to me. To add an attachment, scroll down the page where you are typing the message. There is a box saying,'Manage Attchments'. Click on that, follow the instructions and attach a document or pic. Have fun in Indusladies. Be sure to check the Kitchen and Household forum for 'Ask Chitvish'. It is one of the best parts of this site. All other parts are just as wonderful, too.