Remembering Maharani Gayatri Devi

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by meerapodwal, Jul 30, 2009.

1. geetanjali

geetanjali New IL'ite

Truly said she was a real rajmata in all the senses, she has done remarkable job for the upliftment of girls.
    and now all around us when we see the artificial beauty[PLASTIC BEAUTY]we can say she truly deserve to be in the list of most beautiful lady,n indeed she was.

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

HI,
    my aunt was staying at the boarding school there and the education and ettiquette she recievedfrom there was awesome, i met my cousin aunt last year at a family wedding she was so elegantly dressed her way if talking, eating and walkingwas like a royal. In the MGD schools girls are taughthow to talk, walk and eat like a lady.My aunt had a great schooling and she loved her stay at the school and she got one the finest education.
    hope i have answered your question
    love
    alpa:cheers

3. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

I have read The book A PRINCESS REMEMBERS

It gives a fair insight of what the life of royalty in India was like...

May her soul rest in peace.

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Me too have read the book. Got it at a flea market for just 1 euro. This is the first book that gives a complete insight into the royal life in India and has some nice pictures. Also I read another book, a biography, about the 3 princesses (or ranis rather)... the queen of Baroda, her daughter Indira and her grand daughter, Ayesha whom we all know as Maharani Gayatri Devi.

Latha

5. ashwiniyadav01

ashwiniyadav01 New IL'ite

Thank you Alpa for the wonderful information. I can just visualize what you are saying... :)

In other words, can we say MGD school is also kind of finishing school apart from the academic curriculum?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. shakambari

Latha,

can u share the name of the book?

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

shakambari,

It's Maharanis by Lucy Moore.

Latha

8. shakambari

Thanx Latha,

Will try to get hold of that book.

9. chandnijain04

chandnijain04 New IL'ite

A great way to remember a beautiful soul. :bowdown

I was one of the privileged one to see Rajmata in an event in Jaipur. What can I say...as the whole world knows,
    <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CUser%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place" downloadurl="http://www.5iantlavalamp.com/"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City" downloadurl="http://www.5iamas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]she was not just uniquely beautiful from the outside, she was a courageous and charming personality who had her own sense of style that was always purely natural.

She was never seen heavily bejewelled - she loved keeping her personal style simple and minimal. Her favourite jewellery pieces were the timeless <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Baroda</st1:city></st1:place> pearls that adorned her neck, perfectly blending in with her exquisite chiffon saris.Her make-up was never over-the-top, no heavy eye-make-up or ornate hair-dos. Just a dab of colour on her lips.

Shakambari/Traveller, can you please share some rare moments from the 'Princess Remembers'. We'd love to hear...

[/FONT]
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

10. SanjanaBatra87

SanjanaBatra87 New IL'ite

Hi friends, I'd like to share a piece of info on Rajmata, I just bumped on.
    Has anyone of you seen it? Would love to hear about it.