Am I pregnant?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by devotee, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Re: chances of getting pregnancy

Cindhuja it depends. Sometimes the drs asks even men to take these tests, as my DH was asked to undergo these tests. Normally for the male part these tests are done - FSH, LH, Testosterone.

2. sameena

sameena New IL'ite

Hi vasumathy,

U seem to be a very experienced person in everything in life. I always read ur advices to people. i too am desperately trying to concieve bt in vain. hv been married for almost 8yrs now. frm the past 2mnths taking injections for my follicles to grow as i hv to undergo an IUI. Hope it works out this time n i succeed. please pray for me all u Ilites.

3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Sure sameena .. I can understand very well... As many advice me ...telling you the same .. Be positive, and be confident .. Sure god will answer our prayers.

4. varshas01

varshas01 New IL'ite

quite informative!!

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Sameena,
    To be very frank i am not at all experienced.. I am just in my learning curves... I am taking my own time to my treatments itself... So, learning about them before starting any! Still preparing myself for IUI.... You don't know how long i took to prepare for a Laparoscopy! Long way to go for me...

Coming to your stuff! I know a person who got conceived naturally after 11 years of married life after loosing all hopes medically. Be positive. Face your stuffs with full confidence. Trust in GOD. GOD will not leave his/her child in difficult times for long! You will be blessed soon & will hold your little one... All the best to your treatments....

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Got both of our reports today..will be consulting the gynecologist today ..very very tensed ..as if going to write an unprepared exam ...

I have a doubt ..could someone clarify it please..

I am not overweighed .. my BMI is perfect .. i am nearly 5.1 ft and i am weighing 50 kgs exactly.. and i have never crossed this weight, always ranged between 47-50 for the past 6-7 years.

I get my periods very regularly...every 25th day or 26th day since last period i get mine...never had too much of pain too....has been normal since the beginning

My question is Will i have PCOS by any chance..Read somewhere that if the person is over-weight or having irregular periods they will face PCOS problem..

What are the other symptoms.. Really confused..Waiting for the clock to strike 4 pm so that i meet teh gynec soon..

Some body share the details you know please.

Thanks.

7. Vasumathy

All the best for your unprepared exam! Tell us your gynec's comments!

Your BMI & regular periods says you are in safer zone as far as PCOS is concerned! Hormone balance will clear your doubts on PCOS. Hope your Insulin resistance too covered in the blood test. Do you have excess hair growth in unwanted places?

Baby dust to you...

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for the wishes and immediate reply.I have hair growth but not able to guess whether it is excess or not ..to be clear ..

I am not sure whether specific tests had been taken for blood sugar level ... the tests i had undergone as per the report is as below :

LH
    FSH
    Prolactin
    T3 (TOTAL)
    T4(TOTAL)
    TSH 3rd generation (hs TSH)

Any idea ???

9. Vasumathy

Hi Cindhuja,
    The last 3 are for Thyroid. I hope the first 2 will help to know on PCOS. Sugar test is not done in the list! Don't worry about PCOS...
    Take care..

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Thanks vasumathy, will get back to you soon with the doctor's review about the report.