1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

worried my son doesnt drink milk!!!!!

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by aks_1985, Jul 16, 2009.

1. aks_1985

aks_1985 Senior IL'ite

HI

My son is 15 month old and is still on breast milk i tried introducing vitamin d mik by adding 2 oz of my milk into vitamin D but in vain ...i want him to stop drinking milk in the morning but i dnt know how to start over with..i have also bought some flavour milk but he is still doesnt show any signs ...please suggest me how to introduce milk and sipping cup together .....

2. Vaishnave

Vaishnave Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Don't worryyy!!!

Even I faced the same problem....When my LO was in his 10th month, i just wanted to stop gradually...by that time, he was not on any other milk except breast milk..i was wondering how to stop as he was fully dependent on breast milk only...tried to give cow's milk (that comes in can), then flavoured milks, but "no :hide:" irrespective of the means i give...so i decided to give him everyday whether he is having or not in a feeding bottle..almost for a month...suddenly he started to drink...My joy knew no bounds by that time....he was drinking normal cow's milk from that time(no forumula milk at all)....after a week, i went to the doctor and asked for some hormonal tablets to stop the secretion of milk....almost for one week we had sleepless nights...

after sometime, changed to sipper..and now my son is 2 and half years old he is drinking milk in his favorite spider man cup....

So dont worry..just everyday practice him to give milk..dont worry if he is not having also...but let him get used to that smell and the sipper, etc...one fine day he will drink for sure...dont give up..

Bye for now..

Good Luck

Vaishnave

3. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

We wanted to wean the morning feed by the 13th month for my son. So tried whole milk in a sipper and he didn't like it. Next I mixed Nestle Carnation breakfast powder mixed with the milk with a little bit of sugar and warmed to body temperature. He tried a sip or two but still wanted my feed. So I had to strictly refuse him any feed in the morning and offer only that and within a week he was okay to take it. Try using a soft spout sipper like the one from Nuby and hold your baby close like you feed but just keep trying whole milk consistently mixed or not mixed with one flavor only. Research says that you need to try a new food 15 to 20 times before the baby actually likes it. So don't give up yet and be strong. If your LO does take the milk initially its fine just try and then go on to the next meal, breakfast, in another 1/2 hr or so. This way they understand if you don't drink it you won't get breast milk either. They will come around, don't worry.

-L.

4. aks_1985

aks_1985 Senior IL'ite

oh thank you guys for your reply will surely not give up...