1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Share Our Feelings - Part 2

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Here's a recipe for edible playdoh -

1 cup peanut butter
    1 cup honey
    1 1/2 cup dry powdered milk (or more to get the right consistency you want)

Mix all ingredients, play and eat. :)

You can cut veggies as stamps and teach him stamping - my favorite is okra (ladyfinger) stems. You can even use sponges and brushes.

Riya is constantly "drawing" airplanes now because daddy left on an airplane. I have so many "airplanes" painting adorning our refrigerator. :)

I'll ask some of my teacher friends for more ideas and pass them on.

Raj

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Ladies, I am going to go missing for a while. Work, health, child, marriage, a lot acting up at the same time. I not going to have internet access for a while. Hope to see you ladies sometime. Do say a prayer for us!

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Krithika, will miss you here. Hope things get sorted out soon!

Vanathi, here are some more ideas from my sources aka friends with toddlers or/and teachers to preschoolers.

- Water painting - give him a small bucket of water with a paint brush and ask him to 'paint' a brick wall.

- Finger painting and then clip a portion of it and frame it! Modern art!

- Put food coloring (one color or make bowls with a different color in each) in bubbles and as you blow the bubbles, let him catch them on paper. Let dry. Riya loves bubbles. We spend atleast an hour or so in our backyard, me blowing bubbles and Riya and the dogs catching it! It's cute, but I haven't tried with colors.

I can't wait myself to do some of these fun stuff with Riya.

Raj

4. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

hi v
    you can use atta to shape into lot of things.
    use color in it as well.
    it is much safer than clay.
    we would make turtles,snakes,birds,... shriyaa used to love it.
    am planning to use for harsha too.
    ice cream sticks also make gooditems.
    take a black chart paper and chalk pieces of different color.
    you will b surprised by what a 2 year old can create with it.
    luv\krips

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Krithika,

We will miss you a lot here. You will always be in my thoughts and am sure things will get sorted out soon. Take care and looking forward to having you very soon here....

Latha

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thanks Raj.

Hope you work everything out..and soon. ((hugs))

Thanks Kripa and Raj for all the ideas - we do some already and I will try out the others and let you know.

Today's milestone - A ate his breakfast cereal all by himself (with very little spilling)..I'm so proud! Now if only he would tell me before he needs the bathroom...

V.

7. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Krithika, hope you get everything worked out. Be back soon. I will be praying for you.

Vanathi, we used to do finger painting - I would mix strawberry syrup for pink, chocolate syrup with water for brown and turmeric for yellow. You can also use food coloring.

P loves scissors - give him some paper and scissors and it will keep him engaged for hours - much better than any toy! Aadhu may be a little too young for it, but if you get one with blunt tips that may be a good idea (supervision required, though)

We also used to do a lot of hand prints when P was younger - he was fascinated by them - just draw the outline of his hands with a pen and label his name on it!

8. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

K, hope things get better soon.

For kids with peanut allergy you can use maida and cook it and add a little bit of food coloring to it and use as playdoh. You can even add some flavoring for sweet smell. If you want to train your kid to not eat the dough as they may try it later with the real thing, then use salt instead of sugar in the dough or just leave it plain.

We are trying this day care two days a week for 4 - 5 hrs now and M seems to scream for most part until its nap time and then he's worn out so goes to sleep. He's not settled yet to eat any of his meals there even if I send something he likes. Hope he improves soon. I have signed up for a part-time job from home where I have to write articles for scientific magazines mostly on what I've worked before. But they all seem to sound strange to me right now and I just can't get that kind of dedicated time to read and review yet.

To top all the stress today M fell face forward on a paved walkway and was bruised and bleeding slightly from his nose. I thought he didn't injure his head but its a bit weird to bruise the inside of your nose to bleed from the fall. We are hoping its nothing serious. :-( M seems to fall and hurt himself everywhere and is always in a hurry to walk and this worries us a lot. Don't know if they'll ever learn!

-L.

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi girls,

How are you all?

I'm kind of sad today. Our cleaning lady has found a permanent job at a day care and will not come from next week. She has been with us 1.5 years (i never realised that until she mentioned) and was my wednesday friend. She helped me practise German with her and was very trust-worthy... watered our plants when we were happily making vacations. I'll miss her dearly.... i'm also happy that she found a full-time job rather than hopping from home to home. She's a divorced mom so she really needs this kind of job security....

Aniish didn't quite understand when she told him. His question is 'so we will get another 'S' aunty from next week?'...

otherwise it's the same old routine. got to take an hour's nap after a loooong gap and that's left me awake tonight! tomorrow A has a birthday party to attend so i'll get some free time to go out, if weather permits:)

Latha

10. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Oh latha... that is tough! Come to think of it, my cleaning lady also has been with us for almost 5 years now. But I guess it is good for the woman to get a good job right?

Lavanya, hope M gets settled down soon. I can imagine how difficult it must be for you hearing all those screams. How is the nose bleed? Did you take him to a doctor?

V's annaprasana ceremony went fine last week. DH's uncle, aunt, cousin and family visited us so it was very good. Lots of cooking over the weekend!

There is a teeny tiny splinter lodged on the underside of P's foot - nothing serious and it seems to be almost parallel to the skin rather than puncturing it, but I don't want it to get infected. He won't let me take it out so I have made an appt with the doctor for tomorrow. I just cancelled V's dermatologist appt since the eczema was better and now this - I guess I have a debt due to a doctor :)

Everyone seems really busy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.