1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cerelac Rice cereal

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by sima, Jun 16, 2009.

1. sima

sima New IL'ite

Is it okay to give Cerelac Rice Cereal we got it from India? It is a milk based cereal. Babies are not supposed to take milk until they turn 1 yr old. I'm confused whether to go with a regular rice cereal available here or with this milk cereal. Any ideas?

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

How about you can make your own... there is a good site for mothers who want to start their LOs on balanced nutritious diets (which is every mother, bTW ;-) ).
    Preparing your own baby food is quite easy even for someone totally culinarily challenged as me. And if you make it on your own you will know exactly what goes into it and how you can keep your child free from allergies. I would say dont do either Cerelacs or Gerbers. Good luck and happy mealtimes.

3. orangesandlemon

orangesandlemon New IL'ite

u can give the rice cereal to the babies as it fulfills the nutritional requirements of the body.

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Babies are not supposed to be given cow's milk as a drink until 1 years of age. But you can use it to cook porridge or cereals. That's harmless; ofcourse you keep an eye for any possible reactions.

Latha

5. rehana

rehana New IL'ite

ya cow milk sometimes causes allergies. when i gave cereal added with cow milk my daughter got rashes all over her face. but my elder son was ok with cow milk i started giving him cow milk with cereals from 4 months.