Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Maha guru,

ippodaan kulfi taste pannen. it wasn't creamy... appidi thaan irukkuma? definitely something lacking... i don't know where i went wrong:hide:.. please send vibes from your kitchen to mine... i'll try the kulfi again:)

Latha

2. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Chithra,

Made the foll. over the weekend..

Chilli Bread- Yummy perfect evening snack, made with wheat bread but still no compromise in taste. No wonder it's the current IL rage.

Alu Puri- One of our favorites, relished it with pickle & raita.

Red Pulao- Made with Red Capsicum....delicious!

Jain Chole- Tasty without onions & two mystery veggies, cabbage & white pumpkin (my favorite).

Thanks for making our weekend meals special with your recipes. Thokkus are on my list next.

Love,
    Ragini.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear dear Chithramma,

In the vast ocean of your recipes somehow i missed this jewel all these days... vegetable rasam!! i will not tell how it tastes because i want all your sincere sishyas to make this immediately and test for themselves. I used carrots, peas and radish (in place of chow chow), did the cooking and blending part in the morning so dinner was jiffy with snakegourd curry to go with it. please also tell us what other veggie combos can be used to make this rasam.. i'll make this atleast once a week hereafter... nice way to sneak veggies to my son too:)

Latha

4. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dear chitra mami

evening dinner pav bhaji.. pav bhaji expert yaaru nu theriyuma.. i can recite ur recipe byheart now.. easy kalakal jiffy dinner. i had vege all boiled and ready and it took me 10 mins to make the bhaji.

choc peda 3 more pieces than bakki.. idu epdi irku !!

luvs
    shyamals.

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

wheat flour halwa-an economy version of T.V. halwa.

Hi Mrs.C,

Tonight, made this simple and chewy halwa. Very easy and the flavor out of milk was absolutely incredible. With half a cup, just took 5 to 7 mts, guess...so yummy...after became cold, the taste got doubled and retained its shape very well.

One important thing, for this entire preparation, used hand whisker and noticed a main advantage. Not even a single tsp of sweet did not go waste. I wish that I have a big strong whisker to stir mysore pak!!

Thanks for the sweet and bye.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Nitha, I fully understand what you write - I know it is not anti-MIL syndrome. Luckily both my mom & MIL were very enterprising to learn things, the latter is no more. But none of her daughters are like that.
    Knowing thAT OUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED, WHAT IS THE POINT IN ETERNALLY TALKING ABOUT IT AS AN EXCUSE?
    As I wrote, I think, I should live a life in such a way that my family & friends will think well of me after I die & not as "good riddance, thank God!!"
    When you are young, you are cheerful thanks to your age. But as you grow old, you must learn to "act" cheerful, to say the least, atleast for the sake of our family.
    Love,
    Chithra.
    After redading your post in some forum, I went & saw a video recipe of Lakshmi Nair more to see how she is dressed up??!! There were so many comments! :biggrin2:

7. Chitvish

Now, I feel tempted to make it! I have'nt, for a long time!! Thanks, Nitha.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Well, listen to the vibes! :)
    Both kulfi & ice cream mixtures must be THICK & THOROUGHLY & SMOOTHLY BLENDED before they go into the freezer.
    Otherwise they are far from creamy!
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Nice FBS, Ragini! Alu puri is Ruby's standard for all parties - she says it is a winner always!
    I loved your term - mystery vegs! Very correct since they combine "mysteriously" with Channa!!
    I am a great lover of white pumpkin & keep on buying that versatile beggie!
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

It is a delicious, simple to make, deceptively tasty rasam!! Usually I make it with whatever combo, I have, frozen! You can use corn - both mother & baby :)-cauliflower, potato, carrot, chowchow etc. Beans may give off a few fibres!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.