Migrating to Australia - resources and information

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by lahari, Nov 26, 2006.

Best gift for a new born and new mom

Poll closed Nov 19, 2010.
  1. Gift vouchers

66.7%
  2. Nappies for babies, flowers for mom

4.2%
  3. Clothing for new born, Bio-oil for stretch marks for mom

8.3%
  4. Baby name personalised photo frams, fleece, jacket

12.5%
  5. Pampering and Spa Gift vouchers for new mom to relax

8.3%
  6. Anything else please send on reply post

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. vndasc

vndasc New IL'ite

What are good unskilled labor jobs in Melbourne?

My wife has education in Melbourne. I am trying to find what are my options if I want to work. Can I work anywhere. If i want to work as unskilled labor what should be the best work? if you have any info please help

2. vndasc

vndasc New IL'ite

Moving to Melbourne NEED HELP !!

I am Tara From hyderabad. I am coming to Melbourne on July, 2009.

I have 2 kids 6 years and 9 years old. I want to join them in public schools. I would like to know Cost of Living in Melbourne. Want to know the Monthly Rent near Cambridge International College.

My Husband has a bachelors but he has his own business here. I am not sure what he can work in Melbourne. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Please give me any advise as i am little confused on every thing.

3. orchid25

orchid25 New IL'ite

Re: Moving to Melbourne NEED HELP !!

I've been living in Melbourne since many years now, but I haven't heard of Cambridge International College. It could be a new institution that has sprung up to attract overseas students. At the moment things aren't very bright on the job market. Rents depend upon the suburbs you choose to live. Areas around Melbourne CBD are more expensive than the outer suburbs. You could be looking at a rent of around $200 a week for a two bedroom house.

4. krswarna

krswarna New IL'ite

Re: Fresh Indian veggies in Melbourne

Hi,
    I am in GlenHuntly (Frankston line) and we get fresh veggies in Quality groceries in Glenhuntly every Thrusday. It is located close to train station and quite a famous Indian grocery shop. We get fresh bindi, karela,perrkankai,surakkai and seppan kizhangu.

The other market that I would suggest is Springvale where we get varities of green and sometimes in Victoria market also we get greens and other Indian vegetables.

5. Rizz118

Rizz118 New IL'ite

Want to take up teaching job migrating to Australia - Need guidance

I am a mother as well as a teacher and am wanting to relocate myself and settle in australia but havent a clue as to the proceedings... i want a teaching job in Australia and would love to get ne guidance to acquire it...

6. nimminaras

nimminaras New IL'ite

re: Want to take up teaching job migrating to Australia - Need guidance

Hi,

I live in New Zealand and do not have any idea of Teaching jobs in Aussie, however it would be good to check out Australian news papers for head hunters and contact them directly.

Good luck in your search.

Nimi

7. sonypush

sonypush Junior IL'ite

Need information and help to settle in Australia

Hi,
    I am Pushpa, basically from Bihar, but settled in Chennai from past 23 years. Currently I am staying in Dubai with my husband and 2 kids (aged 6 and 10 months). We have got PR visa last year and completed our initial entry formality by visiting Sydney for a week. I am planning to move to Australia beginning 2010 (prefereably to a location where there is considerably large indian community, melbourne or perth). Will be grateful if some info on locations that are close to schools as well as with indian community could be provided. I am planning to move alone with my kids and my husband will support me financially and plans to join me in one year time due to some committments.
    Any help and information on initial settling will be a great help.
    Cheers
    Pushpa

8. fsm1612

fsm1612 New IL'ite

Re: Permanent Residency immigration to Australia

Hello ladies..
    I have started my Aus Visa application process thru Y-Axis too. We started sometime in July 2008, done with ACS Skills Assesment, IELTS etc. Now by this month end, we shall send the required docs to DIAC for the final application.
    The visa timeline is one thing that worries me too. My hubby is the primary applicant and he is not on MODL and CSL, in that case the Visa Grant would be delayed.
    What about you guys?
    Keep in Touch !

9. Biddu

Biddu New IL'ite

Travelling to Melbourne!!! Need help.

Hi Ladies...my greetings:hiya

My husband will travel to Melbourne this weekend as part of his onsite assignment and for now it looks like it's a long term assignment. So after a couple of months I will be joing him as well (I'm currently stuck in US on an onsite assignment - YES we both are software professionals. So i will hv to quit and join him).

We decided to rent a 1BHK apartment so would like your advice on which places to look for. He would wrk in CBD but the apartments in CBD are too expensive. I think $200 P/W would be affordable but am not sure where to look at. Any suggestions on which places would be both affordable and not more than 1hr drive to CBD?

Also, I would like to know if dal, pulses, Indian masala pwd are allowed to be taken into Australia if they are declared.

I'm pretty worried that my husband has to travel and stay alone for a couple of months, so I will be very grateful for any suggestions and advice.

Thanks a ton!!!!

Awaiting your replies.....

10. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

ADVICES please!

Hi guys,

I may be repeating if already there is a thread regarding this. Please move this in that case..so I can get some info.

My husband and myself have been thinking of moving to Australia to continue our career. Here are the questions troubling us:spin.. Am so sorry for the long list of questions... plssss help :drowning (if you have time!)-

- We dont know if this is a good time to try for jobs in Australia.
    - What is the very first step we need to take?
    - I read some posts here and I am shocked to know abt the whole process of apply for a suitable Visa. Though I would defenitely start the process, I am stunned by the 1 - 2 yr wait for the VISA. Is it usually so long?
    - I am in IT and my DH has 10 yrs exp in Manufacturing and 2 yrs in IT (ERP). He intends to go back to Manufacturing side. Is there oppurtunities in that field in Oz?
    - I intend to use a consultant and heard abt Y-Axis services for Visa processing. What are the chances of getting a Visa for sure? Do they keep us informed of every step? and Guide us too?
    - Do we have to apply to jobs only after reaching Australia? Usually is that the norm?
    - If one of us dont get a job, can we choose to study? and work part-time?
    - If we study there, are there great chances of getting a job there after that?

This is all that I can think of right now. Again am so sorry for the long list. Any info is highly appreciated :bowdown.

Thanks a ton friends!