1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Bay area ladies meet here

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by Shal, Feb 23, 2006.

1. chellvy

chellvy Senior IL'ite

Re: making friends in US

hi Gpriya

i'm also serious about making new friends. if you r interested, we can go further from here.

see you
    chellvy

2. chellvy

chellvy Senior IL'ite

Re: Indians in Bayarea. Introduce urself.

hi all,

looks like there are many of us have the same interest, to make new friends. do keep in touch with me too.

see you all

3. bebo

bebo New IL'ite

Hi everybody,
    I hav been in this place for like 4 yrs but still i am fighting hard to fit in this place...LOL...I guess the reason is that simple we all need somebody to talk to n be friends with..its not that i hav no friends over here...i do hav. Actually i use to live in sunnyvale there i had made few friends but after coming to fremont, after sometime my friends over there started going back to india for good...so now its all me by myself. i was never into this internet thing but now i started...hopefully i will find some good friends again...!!!!
    I am a northindian brought up in maharashtra....well thats it of me for today...hopefully we will talk again...
    Bye TC

4. bebo

bebo New IL'ite

Hello everybody,
    Well i hav been living in US from mid 2005...n still exploring.
    Fav place to shop-- i shop everywhere..its from ross to gap wherever i find something good.
    For groceries--- costco, safeway, bharat bazar
    Shoes---got from India
    Gifts-- great mall, new park mall
    Food---Olive garden, Banana leaf my all time fav place (but very crowded) still love it. now a days i am searching good Indian restaurants in Fremont.

Bye TC:)

5. yana25

yana25 New IL'ite

Hello Friends
    My name is Yojana.. I just moved to Fremont this January.. We were in Portland since March 2007.. Still exploring the new place... No kids yet... Trying to figure what to do sitting at home and get bogged down by the feeling of doing nothing coz of H4 visa...bonk Used to take guitar classes for kids in Portland but not sure how to start it here.. Still trying to figure out...

Having moved to Fremont just in Jan. makes me a non resident...
    Was looking for some courses but they charge heavily for non resident students everywhere , even at the OHlone College.. Actually in am in Newark close to I-880 and Stevenson . I want to learn something new , may be some computer graphics course or Human Resource Certificate program, or may be some music classes but not sit at home and waste time... Please suggest something friends.... :idea

thanks
    yojana

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  6. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Hey Yojana,

Welcome to the bay area. Hope you like Fremont and enjoy being in the bay area.

I moved to this country and bay area about 4 years ago and feel like I still can't have enough of the valley :) There is a lot to do, learn and enjoy here.

Do not get bogged down. Having been where you are today, I can assure you that these are some of the best days of your life. For career-oriented seminars, try looking SHRM, NCHRA or WAW. As for hobby related training, try Sulekha and Craigslist to find out local classes on spirituality, cooking, dancing, vocals, etc.

Do you like cooking, reading, exercising or dancing? Once you figure out ways to keep yourself busy, try preparing weekly schedules. You will soon be running around and start feeling the time-crunch!

Hope this helps. Just remember one thing - do what ever it takes to make it a better-brighter-beautiful day. :)

-Shal

7. gomathy18

gomathy18 New IL'ite

Hi Guys,

I live in sunnyvale too...I am also going through the same problem when it comes to meeting new people & making friends.If you guys are interested,count me also in if you guys are planning to meet somewhere.

Cheers,
    Gomathy

8. acaciagirl

acaciagirl New IL'ite

Hi all, it was good to read this thread. I live an hour away from the bay area and I thought most people in the bay area have good groups and a whole bunch of friends. I thought I was the only one without friends and had the same issue. How do I make friends? Being an hour away, no one wants to drive to our place or even meet midway. I also get tired of driving to the bay area all the time, but do it just because there is no other choice. I just got back from a long trip to India and it really sucks to get back here. Out there, there were sooo many peole and people drop in to have tea/coffee anytime. Out here, there is no one. It feels so sad. I wish I had atleast a few good friends to hang out with, have coffee/tea and just relax and chat. I am interested in meeting new people and making some good friends. I am a Maharashtrian married to a north Indian and have a 15 (almost 16 month old son).

9. chellvy

chellvy Senior IL'ite

hi to all friends

how r u all? it's kinda boring if there is no one to chat/ talk to.. so, let's get to know each other better.. and become good friends... keep in touch.

10. acaciagirl

acaciagirl New IL'ite

Looks like this thread is still active, so posting here. Anyone living close to Berkeley or Fairfield? I live in Fairfield and am looking to make some new friends. I have a 16 month old son.