1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 2

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 4, 2007.

1. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Sir,

Am Shantha, pretty new to this forum but now a very close to this IL team.I was born and brought up in madurai and after my marriage shifted to chennai in june 2006 and to US in feb 2007.

I liked both the episodes of your story and enjoyed a lot reading them.The way in which feelings are expressed and realistic and i feel like this story is going around me.No feeling like am reading it.The very first scene of Rishi wasting water is superb and realistic.

I liked the characterisation of Shiva too.I liked his confidence a lot.The sentence that "he proved that one man can become rich by doing what he liked to do" is simply great.It gives confidence to the readers too.I enjoyed his saying that he will buy a benze garbage truck for his daughter.This shows that he wants his daughter to be like him.Decide and jus do as she likes.

But my doubt when he is so caring for his daughter he should have been more careful in selecting a gud guy for his daughter.Even though rishi is a good person he does not match the frequency of Shalini and his father too is like at one end of the string whereas shalini is at the other end.Even though Shalini is coping up with her FIL but how long can it go? it will only create problems in her life.May be Rishi could have been Shalini's selection too.I do not know what is going to happen in future.Jus these thoughts came up to my mind.But it is also difficult to find a person to exactly match her frequency.Opposite poles only attract each other.

Waiting for ur next episode,

Regards,
    Shantha Kasiarunachalam

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Welcome Aboard, Manjula!

Dear Manjula,
    May be as you say the father's attachment to his little girl has gone overboard here. And it is sadly true that a conventional marriage is not appealing to such a rebellious spirit. That's because the other name for a conventional marriage is 'compromising.' The entire fault does not lie with the girl. A major part of it lies with the institution of marriage, especially the way it is perceived and practised in our country.
    But what is the alternative to conventional marriage? Have any of them worked? Live-ins, communes have all been much grander failures than the plain vennila conventional marriage.
    It is easy to identify with Shalini in the first few episodes. But later in the story, when she goes in search of her identity, will this identification be there? I doubt.
    Why should she choose Rishi? That's again a point which only the further development of the story can answer.
    Thanks Manjula for the participation. Looking forward to your views on every episode.
    regards,
    Varalotti

3. varalotti

Welcome, Shantha!

Hello Shantha,

Very happy to know that I am replying to a Madurai girl. And happier still to know that you liked both the episodes of the story.

You have raised a very peritnent question. How did such a loving father choose such a guy for his daughter? The answer to this question is a very crucial turning point in this story. So please stay tuned for the future episodes where you will get an exact answer to this question.

I am happy that you raised the question.

What will happen to Shalini and her marriage? How long can she cope in the regimentation of her father-in-law?
    As of now my answer can contain no more than three words. "Wait and see."
    Thanks for the participation and the words of encouragement, Shantha.
    regards,
    sridhar

4. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sri,

While projecting Shalini as an outspoken personality in the first episode, it was heartening to note that she grew up as an independent being with her father's support.

But looking at the way she is restricted by her FIL and the fact that she has put up with it for five years, it makes me wonder whether she is also succumbing to circumstances like a common woman to maintain peace in the family.

So it makes me wonder --Is she going to break away from her family in search of her identity and remain alone for the rest of her life? --- or is she going in search of her identity retaining her place in her family?

As you have rightly quoted "A major part of it lies with the institution of marriage, especially the way it is perceived and practised in our country. "
    I dont see her attaining great heights without pampering the male ego -- I eagerly wait to see how Shalini evolves.

5. varalotti

Thanks Chitra!

Dear Chitra,
    Everyone has a word or two about the five long years of Shalini's marriage. When it comes to marriage an Indian woman always gives the longest rope. At times the rope is so long that it is never cut off. That has resulted in millions of divorceable marriages in this country, though the actual divorce rate is low.

While on this subject, I want you to read this article of mine, which is in the marriage section.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/m...laws/1178-the-anatomy-of-indian-marriage.html

I would love to answer the other parts of your FB. But, Chitra, I am afraid that in the process, I might be unwittingly reveal some incidents which are going to happen in future.

So as I have been repeatedly telling, let's wait and see.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

aval konja vaarangal varuvaalena
    poruthirunthu bathil sollalaam enru..?

extinct ame extinct...
    appa chellam innum extinct agavillai saar
    penn irunthaal kettu paarungal
    chellam koduppathe appa thaan..

famous padam onril
    ipozhudu kamala oru maathirai eduthukolgiraal
    konjam thanni...
    ippadi pona kathai
    naduvil opinion kettathaal.
    vantha mudivu..

poruthirunthu bathil sonnal
    mudivu maarathu..
    nadu naduve karuthu sonnaal
    avalai merugoota mudiyuma..?
    avalai maatra mudiyuma..
    mudivu mudivaagi vittal
    poruthirunthu padippathu thaan sugam..

sathya

7. varalotti

8. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,
    I liked the character of Shalini and her father shiva in your story "She". As you very rightly brought out in the story, a woman loves her freedom most. But alas, even now, in these modern days freedom is a rare commodity for women. They have to struggle for it day in and day out.
    A lovely story to read. Look forward to the next episode.

9. varalotti

Thanks Malathi!

Dear MalathiJagan,

I am happy that Shiva character is liked by all of you.

A writer has a greater duty than a newsreporter. For the latter if he just confines himself to the fact and picks up an item of human interest or two, his duty is done. But the writer has to create an ideal character and even that character may not be there in the reality, still he has the duty, because, but for that, ideals would perish from our midst. And we would be confusing the current news with the ideals.
    Shiva is my ideal character. But whether Shalini is? That's again a million dollar question the answer to which depends on two factors : A) the profile of the person raising the question and B) the future episodes.
    Looking forward to meet you in all the future episodes.
    Regards,
    sridhar (You have not spelt my name right. It is spelt as sridhar and not sridhar sir)

10. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I liked the second part of 'SHE' also; The storyline is tempting,with its natural bend, and the streak of rebel in the heroine. Admired the way she tackled Arvind; Am enjoying the interesting correspondence-a real challenge to you !
    I replied you and all the other writers (re my humerous article in D.H).Did you see it? I wanted your opinion of my poem 'Cauvery'(April 8th.S.H)
    I will be grateful if you find it and convey. Another article of mine will be published by DH -I don't know when. All very small scribblings compared to yours. Yes, you are a 'Lady's mind-writer'. I didn't know Shiva had that gift! In which purana? Why did he make Parvati do so much penance? And in the process break the heart of poor Rati for ever?
    Nuggehalli Pankaja