Best cbse school in abudhabi

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by manjiri, Jan 15, 2009.

1. manjiri

manjiri New IL'ite

HELLO!

One of friend needs the information about best CBSE school in Abudhabi .she just moved from india.

As i am staying in sharjah i do not about CBSE schools in abudhabi.

pl ,guide me .

regards,
    Manjiri

2. mdmini

mdmini Senior IL'ite

hi manjiri

CBSE schools in auh - indian school, our own english high school, st joseph.

but i dont' liek the atmosphere in most indian schools. the teachers still follow the old tradition of hitting children and making fun of them, so children fail to develop a good personality. and the english accent is another problem. although i think the CBSE syllabus is good in itself. but for the overall development of the child, CBSe schools in auh are not a good option, according to me. no offences meant to anyone!!! :) it's just my view point.

bye

3. nemo

nemo Senior IL'ite

hi,

I agree with her. But the question is which one is the best. I myself is a resident of UAE for the past 11years in UAE. But in dillemma when it comes to choose a best school in AUH for my kid. I've posted a thread asking about the Indian School Abudhabi. But no one give reply yet.
    Please help us.

DrowningDrowning

4. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Well Nemo, the reason why you havent got a reply is because no one is really satisfied with any of the indian schools here. It is abitter truth that the standard of the schools is average in abudhabi.The options are AUH Indian school, Our Own, Sunrise, St.Josephs, Wisdom, Indian Islahi,Leens, Little flower Model School etc. For smaller classes St.Joseph's, Leens, Indain school are good. I've heard that theres not much of discipline in boys section in the Indian school. AS far as I know there is no best school and one doesnt have a choice here. We have to admit the child where he/she gets admission and thats quite a tiring process too.

Mini, ask you friend to apply in most of the schools as getting admission in one particular school is quite uncertain.

5. sofiya

sofiya New IL'ite

Amongst all the CBSE schools in Abu Dhabi, I think Abu Dhabi Indian School is the better one, though it's not equal to the mark of CBSE schools in Dubai or Sharjah for sure. From the choices it would be the better option! Also many of the other CBSE schools do not offer classes uptill the 12th grade, so you would have to shift to the Indian School at a later stage which would be more of a hassle!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  6. smita.mahesh

smita.mahesh Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Came across your discussion and thought i would join. I was born and brought up in AbuDhabi and studied in ADIS, Abudhabi Indian School from KG to XII. It was one of the best schools at the time and i think is still the better option. St. Joseph is another good option. Sherwoods Academy was good for kids who needed discipline and extra help with homework...My brother attended it and as he and my parents say it is the only reason he passed tenth with distinction. I dont know how it is doing now. Sherwood is a bit more expensive. So check it out and see if it suits your child.

7. preetishelly

preetishelly New IL'ite

hi all, just came by your discussion, found it relevant for me as I will be coming to Abu Dhabi in a months time. My husband is already there. We have two daughters, aged 9.5 and 3.5 and we need admission for both in class 5 and kg 1. I have already applied for their tcs and we're finding it very tough to make a breakthrough in any of the Indian Schools in Abu Dhabi, wondering what to do....??? I never imagined it would be so tough. First my husband had to undergo the ordeal of finding a decent accomodation at an unrealistic, inflated price and now the school!

Preeti (from Ahmedabad in Gujarat)

8. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Hi Smita Mahesh

Good to know that you are also from ADIS. Iam also a ADIS student untill std 10th. I passed class 10th in 95. How about you. Just curious that I might know you.

9. ajots

ajots New IL'ite

Dear Preeti,

I am also from Ahmedabad recently joined a company in Abu Dhabi (in Mar09). I am going through the same problems as you. Just managed an accommodation at highly inflated prices, and now looking to admit my son (in 1st std) in a good school in Abu Dhabi. Can someone guide me the best school (cbse) to admit him in, and i hope it is not to late for admission?? Someone pl help.

Ajay

10. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Preeti/Ajay

Pls go thru the list of schools I have mentioned in this same thread. There's no guarantee for admission in any of the schools specially because the distribution of application forms is already over. What I would suggest is you call the schools and find out directly the possibilities of admission.Admit them in whichever school they get admission, you can try for a better school well in advance next year.All the best to both of you...