1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with husband

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by senorita2007, Mar 4, 2009.

1. senorita2007

senorita2007 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I need to go to India in sept, our GC is in the final stage (485 has to clear) But husband wants to leave me back in India without getting my Advance parole. If I come to USA from India will they allow me in without AP at the airport, by showing my EAD SSN etc... or if i say i lost it, will they consider it and look up for me....
    Or will they send me back to india ?

please help ladies

2. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Hi,

No.....you will not be allowed to enter the United States without the Advance Parole Document. Make sure you get one before leaving the US.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  3. senorita2007

senorita2007 New IL'ite

Hi
    Thanks for the replly.. What if i am already there in teh US, will I be asked to go back or will they contact the homeland security and get my visa status ?

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

They will very likely send you back. You also cant leave US without AP.Becoz your GC is in final stage you have to conditionally enter using your AP otherwise you have the risk of abandoning your GC.
    I entered the country using AP in my last trip hence I know and lawyer adviced me not to leave without having 2 copies of AP.

5. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi senorita,

everybody who ever has posted here are all right. if u want to come back to US get your advance parol before u leave this country. also get it stamped in the indian airport. for us in the last trip they did not stamp us. and later on when we went to canada they holded us for a long time in the immigration saying that we did not get that stamped while returning from india

6. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

As all the other ladies have mentioned, you must have your AP before leaving the US. Also if you are out of the US for over 6 months without informing INS your GC application will be considered abandoned.

7. senorita2007

senorita2007 New IL'ite