Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

step by step instructions are excellent chitra.

By the way, I am interacting with u after a long time though I keep making ue recipes & I am always thinking about u.

prabha

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Chithramma,

These days i try to make traditional south-indian spread (well not really spread) on Sundays. suda suda DH can enjoy:) on menu today were knol-khol poricha kuzhambu and neem flower rasam. for me alone i made thayir saadam with manga and onion added (DH doesn't like thaalicha thayir saadam). nanna sapittu DH sleeping me no option baby-sitting:(

Latha

3. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra

Hope you had a good stay with amma and sister. Last week I tried a few items and the f.b. for them

The new version of Morekuzhambu- very quick and easy preparation and taste is wonderful. I was just drinking it. Now on it willbe only that way. I soaked the channa dhal for 1/2 hr. Is it okay?

Made masala vadai. Making use of the f.p. is veryhelpful. The few left overs I tried next day with rasam very yummy.

The vegetable kurma-followed the step by step method. It is foolproof. Such wonderful and useful demostration. I don't think any cooks have done this so far. You are the first to make history.

I want to try the cashew kathli-waiting to get cashews. I froze the Mysorepal and use to have one everyday in the evening- a destresser.

thanks for all your efforts. What does your amma say abt indusladies?

With Best Regards
    shubha

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Prabha! During the M'pore festival, I did think very much about you!! It is one year since we met!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Latha, all said & done, even if it is only rasam & kootu, nothing can equal one's own cuisine in taste!!
    I adore thalicha thayir sadam - but :)-) ) avoid it because I will just go on & on & on......:biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Thanks a ton, Shubha.
    Now, I am also trying to change over to the new Morkuzambu - I like it a lot! Soak for more time if possible. I soak in the night itself!
    For step by step photos, I took 3-4 printouts for recipes to Madurai. Amma said she wonders if I taught cooking even to Ruby, so much in detail!! Wel.............!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. KavithaKannan

KavithaKannan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitvish :queen

Yesterday for dinner I made Cauliflower soup, Dhaba Alu, Khadi & roti. We enjoyed our dinner. K liked the combo very much :thumbsup Siddu soup ketu ketu saptan. I am happy :cheers
    Today for lunch I made Easy Vegetable Pulao & Onion raitha. We enjoyed our Sunday samayal

Thanks a ton.

Luv,
    Kavitha:bowdown

8. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Made vegetable kurma today with sevai for dinner. Awesome it was. With the step by step photos, it was so easy and terrific taste.

Cheers,
    Nithya

9. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Chithra,

Here's my weekend feedback...

Perfect Curd- Finally happened to procure Indian starter curd, followed all your pointers including setting the curd in ceramic dish, did a little bit of my own permutation & combination regarding ideal temperature & voila! i got perfect thick homemade curd!! Thank you so so much:bowdown

Foil Baked Rice- Awesome dish , full of flavour, added to the regular weekend special dishes list.

Kaju Katli- This is my favourite sweet & i can't believe i made this & got it right.Absolutely lip smacking & no ghee at all!! Many thanks for the step by step photos, due to which testing the sugar syrup & making the sweet was such a breeze. Sorry, no photos.

Many many thanks, Chithra Ma'am.

Regards,
    Ragini.

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Digged out this precious bhath!!

Hi Mrs.C,

Hope you are fine and enjoyed your Madurai trip very well with yr folks. A big thanks for posting on extraction of pomegranate seeds, very helpful. Here, the seeds color use to be bright pink.

Coming back to the caption, made masala bhath, very very tasty. Without masala, onion & tomato, wow, absolutely great. I once tasted the same at Priya's place and since then, wanted to try, atlast made it.

No doubt, can be made on normal as well as vratham days. Thank you..

Rgds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.